What happens when you get in a fight onboard?

10 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

We can be sure Carnival's expensive team of lawyers tell them to do this first. Limiting liability exposure by stopping witnesses recording an event takes precedence to stopping the actual altercation. Besides, they don't want the bad publicity. 

This would have really been something for Kathie Lee Gifford to sing about in her Carnival cruise ads on TV
<singing>

In the mornin'

In the evenin'

Aint we got brawls!

Kathie Lee Gifford on the Moment Bill Cosby Tried to Kiss Her | PEOPLE.com

Edited by AHS123
  • Haha 2

Guest BasicSailor
3 minutes ago, AHS123 said:

This would have really been something for Kathie Lee Gifford to sing about in her Carnival cruise ads on TV
<singing>

In the mornin'

In the evenin'

Aint we got brawls!

Kathie Lee Gifford on the Moment Bill Cosby Tried to Kiss Her | PEOPLE.com

Damn, I'm all out of Jell-O Pudding too.😳

1 hour ago, sfaaa said:

You get 5 minute major penalty + one game misconduct and  disciplinary hearing with a pissed off ship captain.

If you are a country music fan then there's a $5 dollar fine for fightin'

22 hours ago, popeyesChickenSandwich said:

During debark today, a couple guys got into it over an elevator. It wasn’t a full brawl, but they pushed, clinched, went to the ground and bottom guy got held until security came. Security took their time with both guys and I walked away before seeing what happened. It made me wonder though: what happens when you get in a fight on the ship?

There are three levels of punishment depending on how bad the situation is.
Stern talking to from security. "Don't do that again or else" 

Confined to quarters. A security team member will be outside your cabin door to make sure you don't leave.

The brig. You're put into the jail onboard and possibly removed from the ship at the next port of call depending on where the ship is in the itinerary timeline. 

On 5/19/2022 at 7:26 PM, popeyesChickenSandwich said:

During debark today, a couple guys got into it over an elevator. It wasn’t a full brawl, but they pushed, clinched, went to the ground and bottom guy got held until security came. Security took their time with both guys and I walked away before seeing what happened. It made me wonder though: what happens when you get in a fight on the ship?

I suppose my question is "Why"?  Why get in a fight (or a scuffle) when you're on vacation?  Unless I was being physically assaulted (or my wife was), nothing would harsh my mellow while on vacay. Maybe they should just hand out a small bottle of Xanax to every passenger when they embark. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Oklahoma Cruiser 2012 said:

I suppose my question is "Why"?  Why get in a fight (or a scuffle) when you're on vacation?  Unless I was being physically assaulted (or my wife was), nothing would harsh my mellow while on vacay. Maybe they should just hand out a small bottle of Xanax to every passenger when they embark. 

Why?  Alcohol.  

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 10:26 PM, popeyesChickenSandwich said:

being you said "during debark today", and the post was originally done on 5/19, one can make a reasonable assumption that this was a short cruise (may 19 was a thursday) based on the behavior witnessed. 

you are more likely to see this type of behavior on shorter sailings IMO.

On 5/19/2022 at 10:28 PM, BasicSailor said:

You get thrown into the brig and depending on how severe the brawl was you get exported at the nearest port 🙂

You must walk the plank and swim back to shore. Also you may become fish food 

Based on all the threads and complaints we've seen here, maybe Carnival should just ban them from being able to have bacon. Make a few examples "NO BACON FOR YOU" out loud and it may keep everyone else in line. Put a bacon block on the sign and sail for the dining room and put some wanted type posters up in the buffet area to alert service staff handing out bacon. That should get their goat and live in infamy, they'll tell, or forewarn rather, their friends about it. 😄

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Haha 2