Norwegian Premium wifi package

We set sail on Norwegian Star this Sunday May 22 and I am trying to purchase a premium wifi package so we can stream tv shows, movies, etc

during the cruise (especially on at sea days) BUT there is NOWHERE on NCL's webpage to sign up for streaming wifi!   Can anyone help?   Have you ever

used their streaming wifi?   I have even call NCL's customer service and they were NO help.  Thanks for you help.

Are you able to find other internet packages in MyNCL, just not the streaming? Do you already have Free at Sea minutes, and does the website show you offers to upgrade to unlimited Wifi?

This is something the customer service line should be able to sell to you, so I can only suggest that you try calling them again. If all else fails, wait until you're on board and go see the Internet manager.

just. say. no.

i would strongly advise against the purchase of the premium plan.

the fastest speed i clocked recently on the premium plan was just under 2 Mbps, barely sufficient for slow web surfing... not nearly fast enough for streaming. YMMV.

I'd load up your devices ahead of time and not rely on streaming.

If you think of the entire ship's operations and all the passengers using a single satellite uplink you'll understand why the speeds are so slow and latency so high.

You're not in Kansas anymore Toto.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grammyandahhpoo said:

We set sail on Norwegian Star this Sunday May 22 and I am trying to purchase a premium wifi package so we can stream tv shows, movies, etc

during the cruise (especially on at sea days) BUT there is NOWHERE on NCL's webpage to sign up for streaming wifi!   Can anyone help?   Have you ever

used their streaming wifi?   I have even call NCL's customer service and they were NO help.  Thanks for you help.

So, remember that you are sharing a single satellite internet connection with 2000 of you newest friends. Think about 2000 people in your living room surfing on your home network. There is little streaming to be done.