Martinique Port area

bluecruisin

On 5/21/2022 at 3:28 PM, bluecruisin said:

Is there anything within a few block area to do/see? Shops, bars, cafe, ect.? Thinking of skipping excursion but would love to get off the ship for an hour or so. Thanks!

As stated previously

FDF is a French working port town, traffic, offices, shops, supermarkets etc.  Think Calais.    It is definitely not a typical Caribbean Island town that some may have in their minds.

Best souvenir is found in the Duty Free - La Favorite La Filbuste Rhum

On 5/21/2022 at 10:28 AM, bluecruisin said:

Is there anything within a few block area to do/see? Shops, bars, cafe, ect.? Thinking of skipping excursion but would love to get off the ship for an hour or so. Thanks!

I love Fort De France port area and shops

Personally, I found the shops to be uppidy 🤑😉👍I'm not sure it was the weather the atmosphere a combination of the both, that whole port area is nice and inviting. Go into town it's wide open you can see everything lots of nice people great vibe. Have fun.

I'm trying to make a concerted effort to get back to this destination, the next visit two specific rum distilleries and spend the rest of my day in downtown Fort De France. I'm not spending my whole day in a tour bus next time even if it was a Mercedes Benz. Sip Rhum with PORT ROYAL at la favorite distillery head over to the Depaz Distillery sip some more rhum with PORT ROYAL, admire the magnificence of Mt. Pelee, head back into Fort De France walk around town and bar hop with PORT ROYAL until we have to be back on the ship. Which is not far, btw wear at hat and sunscreen its a very open exposed area and very hot. 👍👍

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, iminit4fun said:

How far is the walk from the Cruise ship to shops or town?

It all depends on the cruise terminal, there are two.  One is almost in the town, you’ll see it from the ship, being a 5/6 minute walk, while the other is in a working port, then about 20/25 minutes away along a busy main road.  There are taxis available.

Fort de France is a working French Port/Town, not a traditional Caribbean island market town.

The main shopping area is along and around Rue Victor Hugo.  
The cruise terminals will have duty free stores, selling Rhum at all price points, including La Filbuste, with local and tourist items for sale.  

Take a tour and see the Island’s highlights.

3 hours ago, carbon said:

Where does Celebrity dock?

Do not know exactly 100% in advance.  
However, one thinks if it’s a larger ship, say over about 2000 pax, then possibly a larger berth at Tourelles will be used.  This will be the furthest dock from the town.