Are the Havana Cabana's Worth It ?

IMSAILING

If you're OK with inside rooms, save yourself about $700-900 over balcony price. We had the Havana inside room on deck 5. I could leave the room and be in the Havana area in about 30 seconds. This was on the Horizon. The Mardi Gras Havana is a lot smaller and still $$$. We chose the Spa balcony for less money and didn't regret it!

On 5/21/2022 at 1:30 PM, DramaQueen22 said:

That's a yes and no answer.  Havana is totally worth the splurge.  Getting the dedicated (and largely kid-free) area is fantastic.  Love the pool and bar, and you can always find a place to sit.

Would I pay for the Cabana when I can get the same benefits in a Havana Inside?  Nope.

I agree, save the money and get the Havana inside room.

• 11 months later...

For us…a havana cabana is absolutely worth it. We sail for a relaxing experience.

Dont care that its not a direct view of the water. Dont care if people stroll by.  Privacy?  Meh. Im not responsible for what you see if you are snooping lol.
We love having a place to retreat away from others. A short walk to the pool and bar. Easy access to food. No kids. 

we are low key and low maintenance lol. Not much bothers us. After all…we are on vacation!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, nursemommy7578 said:

For us…a havana cabana is absolutely worth it. We sail for a relaxing experience.

Dont care that its not a direct view of the water. Dont care if people stroll by.  Privacy?  Meh. Im not responsible for what you see if you are snooping lol.
We love having a place to retreat away from others. A short walk to the pool and bar. Easy access to food. No kids. 

we are low key and low maintenance lol. Not much bothers us. After all…we are on vacation!!

We have a Terrazza Cabana booked for the Venezia TA, and I’m looking forward to the same type of experience you describe.  I know Venezia doesn’t have a pool, and that’s fine with us.

24 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Looking forward to our Havana Cabana on Horizon!  I have heard Horizon's Havana area is awesome!  Is there a coffee/danish area set up at breakfast in the Havana area?  TIA!

Not that I ever saw last year. Be on the Celebration next week in a havana cabana. Can’t wait!

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2022 at 2:30 PM, DramaQueen22 said:

Would I pay for the Cabana when I can get the same benefits in a Havana Inside?  Nope.

Agree whole-heartedly!  We paid for an aft balcony on the Vista and it felt like a waste of money.  All our time was spent in the outdoor Havana area.  I would certainly book an inside Havana next time

23 minutes ago, Sugar67 said:

Agree whole-heartedly!  We paid for an aft balcony on the Vista and it felt like a waste of money.  All our time was spent in the outdoor Havana area.  I would certainly book an inside Havana next time

Agree. This will probably be our last cabana. Last year and our cruise next week were booked under covid prices. Now that prices are back to normal we will book insides as well.

As you said the majority of our time we were not in our cabin and we were back at the pool area.

• Like 1