Transatlantic crossing oneway, fly the other way: Does Cunard have a package fore this?

steve4031

I found a travel agency in my home town of Chicago that seems to have good reviews and has a relationship with Cunard.  I've exchanged emails and their response was pretty good.  I like that the agency has a physical office I can go to.  If necessary I can go to the location and get stuff done rather than deal with non-returned phone calls and non-returned emails.  

My test booking for an eastbound Ocean view cabin for a single was around 4,000.  

I appreciate the information about the mid-day time change.  I think I can adjust to this because I will not be rushing to do everything.  With 6 sea days I should be able to spread things out and still have time to read a book on my Kindle and chill someplace listening to music on my headphones.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steve4031 said:

I found a travel agency in my home town of Chicago that seems to have good reviews and has a relationship with Cunard.  I've exchanged emails and their response was pretty good.  I like that the agency has a physical office I can go to.  If necessary I can go to the location and get stuff done rather than deal with non-returned phone calls and non-returned emails.  

My test booking for an eastbound Ocean view cabin for a single was around 4,000.  

Wow Steve, that seem pretty high. I just looked on the Cunard website at eastbound Crossings and randomly picked an Aug. 28th - Sept 4th voyage. The prices were dramatically lower for a single cabin.

Jack

881657_ScreenShot2022-05-26at5_36_32PM.thumb.png.0cef1c53258248538a38c214b4378ad6.png

1 hour ago, Jack E Dawson said:

Wow Steve, that seem pretty high. I just looked on the Cunard website at eastbound Crossings and randomly picked an Aug. 28th - Sept 4th voyage. The prices were dramatically lower for a single cabin.

Jack

881657_ScreenShot2022-05-26at5_36_32PM.thumb.png.0cef1c53258248538a38c214b4378ad6.png

That August 28, 2022 crossing you picked, @Jack E Dawson, is going for a low fare at the moment as part of the Memorial Day Sale going on now in the US. Those aren't quite bargain basement fares, but they are pretty low by recent standards. It's past final payment date in the US for that crossing so that probably has something to do with those relatively low fares.

I suspect @steve4031 may be looking at a crossing for next year. I randomly picked the August 18, 2023 eastbound crossing to look at on the Cunard US website for comparison purposes. On that particular crossing, a standard Oceanview cabin is priced at $3935 for single occupancy for the "Our Lowest Fare" where you can't pick your cabin. And that's before the taxes, fees and port expenses. The "Cunard Fare" where you can pick your cabin is priced at $4023 before the taxes, fees and port expenses.

Quite a dramatic difference from one year to the next, isn't it?

Yes, I was looking at 2023 fares.   I will contact the TA in September when I am prepared to pay the deposit.  I am a teacher and don't get paid during the summer.  The random sailing I looked at showed had now balcony cabins available and no insides available.  I suspect that with a little flexibility and working with a Cunard certified TA I will be able to get a lower fare and then I can work on the airfare.  

• Like 1