26 Glacier cruise -enough time???

ocean1415

Hi,

We have 26 Glacier cruise booked. The boat arrives back to harbor at 5.45pm. 

Now, our cruise ship changed departure time to 8 pm with all aboard at 7 pm instead of 10 pm. Our checkin time is 4 pm. I believe we should be ok as the ship is super close and an hour should be enough to board but it’s our first cruise so just want to make sure. Thanks!

Edited by ocean1415

• ocean1415 changed the title to 26 Glacier cruise -enough time???

Unfortunately they do not. All these last minute changes! Debating whether to cancel (won’t get full refund at this point) or just do it hopping that boat gets there on time and 1.5 hr is enough to board. All aboard time keeps changing to….yesterday was 7pm now it says 7.30 pm. 

2 hours ago, ocean1415 said:

Hi,

Now, our cruise ship changed departure time to 8 pm with all aboard at 7 pm instead of 10 pm. Our checkin time is 4 pm. I believe we should be ok as the ship is super close and an hour should be enough to board but it’s our first cruise so just want to make sure. Thanks!

Just to make sure that you are not confusing "departure time" w "all aboard time".  Departure time is when the ship leaves.  All aboard time is when you have to be on board which is usually 90 minutes before departure time.  This means that if departure time is 7 PM, you have to be on board by 5:30 PM.

DON

3 hours ago, ocean1415 said:

Hi,

What ship are you on?

Yes, departure is 8pm, all aboard is 7pm and our check in time is 4pm. 

We are on Holland this Sunday. I’m nervous about flights though. They cancelled completely full flight yesterday. I don’t even know how they rebooking people as all flights I checked this week are completely full. 

Edited by ocean1415

18 hours ago, DougH said:

Interesting I thought only Princess sailed out of Whittier and HAL used Seward

It is new this year. HAL left Seward. It is more combining of HAL and Princess's resources.