Is taking water and snacks off the ship allowed?

Cruizy7

Guest BasicSailor
26 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Well, one needs to fund the effort after all (speed trap quotas and the like) 😉

Tom

The trick is to avoid eye contact when leaving the ship. Look up at the sky and point like you see something.  Smile and laugh. Wipe off those drips of Sweat running down your forehead.  See, If I had trained a person, it would have been smooth sailings 🤣

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I can't see someone being arrested for having an apple in their possession. They might make a bit of a scene (to scare her and others), but I don't think they'd go nuclear.

Tom

The police in Cozumel may take that bet.  They are ready to jump with the slightest pushback.  Even stopping to taking a photo of the searches, gets you a  "no hay fotos sigue en movimiento" 

• Haha 1

Just as others have said, I personally have never had an issue taking off packaged items like cereals, maybe granola bars, crackers, etc. We like to bring whatever we can scavenge off because my husband is terrified of eating food in port and us getting tummy troubles. Especially now with a child under 2, I read up until age 4 they're more at risk from exposure to any sort of germs and foodborne illnesses, etc. But my husband's always been a little extra worried about the food compared to say me, lol. We did eat a meal once in St Thomas, I think it was, because we were with my Mom who would not take no for an answer, lol. On water I can't remember but I believe we carried off a filled refillable water bottle or 2. I don't think we have had much bottled water. Now I'm able to have that whoopin' free 1.5 litre with the loyalty program, woot woot. it may be 2-3 actually since hubby and DS are the same tier as me. Anyone know if we can get 2-3 free now? I assume at least 2.