Upgrade question!

LAHAPPY13420

Does anybody know if Princess will allow us to upgrade the drinking package to the new one?

Do the minors also have to upgrade? They currently have the coffee/soda package already.

And one more question will I need to pay the cover charge at a restaurant for my 2 year old even though he lives off air now and days? 

I have been so disappointed in the customer service department with Princess. I was on hold for over 5 hours to end up with no assistance. To say the least. Ughhh venting over! Hoping you guys have some answers for me!

Thanks in advance!

Are you asking about only the drink package? At this point, there is no real advantage to the premium drink package. 90% of P's cocktails and beers cost less than $12. We'll see if P raises their drink prices dramatically on June 1st. Celebrity did that a few years ago when X introduced their premium drink package. 

You won't pay for the toddler unless he/she orders a steak.

Thanks for the info. The reps I have spoken to have been no help. So no answers to my questions. I don’t want to upgrade the package but thats my concern. I’m thinking they will increase the drinks and most drinks will be above $12. I sail in Nov. 

4 minutes ago, LAHAPPY13420 said:

Thanks for the info. The reps I have spoken to have been no help. So no answers to my questions. I don’t want to upgrade the package but thats my concern. I’m thinking they will increase the drinks and most drinks will be above $12. I sail in Nov. 

Princess has said that’s not the intention ( time will tell) but even if they do you can still pay the difference for the beverage if it’s above $12. At this point wouldn’t upgrade but that’s just me,

I would think if princess did change all the prices and said those that already purchased the old premier package could not use it for the drinks that could be bought before the change would have a mutiny on their hands. 

55 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

I would think if princess did change all the prices and said those that already purchased the old premier package could not use it for the drinks that could be bought before the change would have a mutiny on their hands. 

The new Princess Plus package includes all drinks above $12 just the same as the old package. The package doesn’t specify which drinks are included just that they are over $12. Purchasers are still getting what they paid for.  I am sure that over the coming months drinks on the menu will change slightly, maybe renamed cocktails and new wines on the menu all of which will be over $12.  Many people, those new to Princess and those who don’t look out for menus online will be non the wiser. 

Not sure about a mutiny.  If people want to jump ship as it were and cruise with another company then I think they will find that with tips, wifi and drinks included the Plus/ Premier packages are still better value than other cruise lines. 

im not saying it is right increasing many of the  drinks prices  but unfortunately I do believe it is inevitable. It will become apparent in the next few months. Princess are probably not that bothered about the few passengers who may go elsewhere. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LAHAPPY13420 said:

And one more question will I need to pay the cover charge at a restaurant for my 2 year old even though he lives off air now and days? 

If I had to guess (and I do)...my guess is that they won't charge for the 2 year old. It's not like he'll be eating his mini soup/salad/steak and using his mini fork/knife/spoon. They'll probably bring him some special baby noshes and smother him w/kisses (fully masked, of course).

5 hours ago, Moondogy said:

Remember when they changed the drink package from unlimited to the 15 drink limit they currently have and one other change that I can’t remember ? They did not grandfather in those who had purchased the package prior to the change and it clearly was not what was purchased by many.  

I would like to think that Princess would do the right thing but that isn’t always what happens.  

12 hours ago, LAHAPPY13420 said:

The upgrade will be $25 per day per person. I do not understand why people assume there will be these huge price changes. I believe this is to accommodate wine drinkers who are dissatisfied with the $12 wines by the glass offered on the package now. I agree the choices are not good but I can live with them

We hope this will allow Princess to carry more types of wines. After an 18 day cruise very recently and as wine drinkers, I can tell you that the choices were very slim for any good wines under $12, and there were many wines missing that were on the menu in the dining room.  We were very happy that our ship had a Vines with more choices.  We were fine with paying $1-3 more per class to get better wine. Time will tell, but we can hope for better wine and more choices with the new package.

2 hours ago, memoak said:

The upgrade will be $25 per day per person. I do not understand why people assume there will be these huge price changes. I believe this is to accommodate wine drinkers who are dissatisfied with the $12 wines by the glass offered on the package now. I agree the choices are not good but I can live with them

The lack of transparency causes people to worry. All of the information available just says the plus package includes 50 spirits, 25 wines and 25 beers, with no indication of what those are. It really would not have been too difficult to put out a list of what those included drinks are. 

We're talking about a line that has decided  to have at least one ship sailing in Alaska this year that cannot provide the itinerary that was sold - why is it hard to understand that people are concerned the company will be moving the goal posts on this?

• Like 1