Clothes Question

Gray Lady

On 5/27/2022 at 11:05 AM, 5waldos said:

In Alaska it really won't be necessary to avoid the MDR on virtually any cruise ship. Alaska is very casual and very few will be wearing anything remotely formal. The majority of people will be dressed exactly as they are every other night. 

That's what I'm counting on!

I love to dress up and we are taking my son and his fiance.  She is excited to dress up and purchased a couple new gowns.   Not sure if it will be a tux or white dinner jacket for the guys.   I always set out clothes early and then check the weather two days before we leave.  I usually skip a few things but we still take more than we really need but I don't are.  I did a diving trip earlier this year and packed really light -  I hated wearing things over and over.

• Like 1

I have been to Alaska 4 times over the years and will be going again in August. I always suggest layering when it comes to clothing.🙂

As for dinner? My formal attire is dressy slacks and a pretty top with some jewelry and black sandals or ballet flats. This outfit works for  me whether I am going to Europe, the Caribbean or Alaska. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 8:50 AM, Gray Lady said:

Thank you for your insight. I will nix the capris, make sure I have a sweater (dressier…going with a black theme), take some basic slacks with nicer tops, and a simple dress or two. We will pack a suitcase with these “dressier” clothes because we are doing a land tour first. I am guessing that the dress in the buffet is just maybe jeans??

NO! Do not nix them! People from Florida may freeze, but you may be ok. We have been to Alaska 4 times and will go again this September.

I am a flip flop fan (the kind with support and arches) and I mainly live in those and capris while on the ship. No, I do not wear them to dinner...

Layers are the key! T- Shirts, long sleeved shirts, vests, sweatshirts and a waterproof or repellent jacket are key.

One time, departing Ketchikan, it was about 75 degrees and most people were out on deck enjoying the sun, pool and hot tubs!

• Like 1