Last minute cancel due to illness (not Covid)?

18 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

I got covid last weekend and was due to board Jewel of the Seas today for an Iceland and Ireland cruise.

My travel agent rang Royal on Monday and they were happy to move the funds to another cruise about a month from now (we had already picked one out in advance). They did also offer a cash refund as another alternative,  all without any proof required of a positive test , which I thought we might need. So it was well handled in my opinion.

Now the flights I had booked separately are another matter ......

Well that seems a lot easier than having to wait for a FCC and have it applied.  Very surprised about these tales of not having to show proof

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Well that seems a lot easier than having to wait for a FCC and have it applied.  Very surprised about these tales of not having to show proof

Yep thats what I thought. 

Because we wanted to book another relatively soon , I didn't want to have to mess about with FCC. A cash refund would have been a better alternative if they wouldn't execute a funds transfer , but it was all good in the end.

And yesnp I was surprised at the no proof required - i could have had a sore toe for all they knew lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Yep thats what I thought. 

Because we wanted to book another relatively soon , I didn't want to have to mess about with FCC. A cash refund would have been a better alternative if they wouldn't execute a funds transfer , but it was all good in the end.

And yesnp I was surprised at the no proof required - i could have had a sore toe for all they knew lol.

Were they willing to do without proof since it was a transfer to a new cruise and not an outright refund?