Disembarkation Question

Excuse the naivete, but I am completely forgetting how it works.  When do we choose our disembarkation time?  I looked through my e-docs and there is nothing there about a disembarkation group.  We want to self-assist to get off as early as possible for a flight - when do we sign up for that so that we are not assigned to a group?  Again, please be nice - new cruiser.

If you are carrying your own bags off then you don’t need to do anything in advance. Just leave when you want.

If you do decide to leave your bags out then you need to collect a coloured tag a couple of days beforehand (first come first served I think - I’ve never done it), which will determine your time.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

On the second to last day, there will be coloured luggage tags available near the guest services desk or near the Shore Excursions desk. The colours correspond to disembarkation times.  The early times go quickly so check at the guest services desk to find out when the luggage tags for disembarkation will be available.

16 hours ago, willetstravel said:

Excuse the naivete, but I am completely forgetting how it works.  When do we choose our disembarkation time?  I looked through my e-docs and there is nothing there about a disembarkation group.  We want to self-assist to get off as early as possible for a flight - when do we sign up for that so that we are not assigned to a group?  Again, please be nice - new cruiser.

No sign-up. Just leave. If you have a very early flight, queue at the gangway about 30-60 minutes early to be first off. On the cruise below, we had breakfast at the buffet and got in line around 7:00.

Our disembarkation was actually delayed because there were several hundred passengers who missed the ship in Miami and joined on Day 3 or 4 - so they had to undergo full customs and immigration processing to enter the US and they would not let anyone else off until they accounted for all of those passengers. 

Example from the Encore last month. 

image.png.fa79cfff253f8d7059c948aac1a63408.png

If you want the porters to take your bags off the ship to the luggage hall, you pick up a colored tag at Guest Services on your second-to-last day. 

image.thumb.png.fb7b26bf4c10b17044334fdec3db9a5c.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

@willetstravel don’t be too concerned about any comments relating to customs clearance etc. That won’t be an issue for you arriving in Athens.

Disembarkation is consistently quick and efficient in the Med. No customs to worry about for these round trips (if you are going to Israel then that will have been dealt with earlier in the cruise) and the weather is reliable with likely a short journey from the last port. There are never guarantees, but problems are very unlikely.

• Like 2

This may seem like a silly question, but I'm new to NCL.  Is it possible to DELIBERATELY select a later time even if earlier ones are available?   We will be staying over in Miami for a couple of days after our cruise so there is absolutely no rush.  We're also not early birds, so getting an extra hour of sleep is of value.   TIA!!

*ETA:  Nevermind....  If I'd paid more attention I'd have noticed that there is a little rack with various times and you just take what you want.   I LOVE THAT!!  I never liked that Carnival assigned our time to get off and if we wanted to do so later our luggage was just sitting around in the way.  

Edited by brigand13
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...