Dinning Packages - upgrade on board

Hello

We have made reservations for Chop and Teppanaki for our cruise next week. We booked them as separate bookings because we wanted to secure our dates and the Chops +1 only allows you to make one reservation ahead of sailing. 

My questions is if we wanted to add another dinning venue such as Park 150 whilst on board, would they allow us to upgrade to the 3 restaurant package? 

Has anyone done this successfully on board? 

Thanks 

From my experience, they are always willing to take my money. I have upgrade a drink package and added to a ZOOM/drink package without any problems. While I cannot address dining, I am guessing they will be just as happy to upgrade that.

4 hours ago, lachelli said:

Hello

We have made reservations for Chop and Teppanaki for our cruise next week. We booked them as separate bookings because we wanted to secure our dates and the Chops +1 only allows you to make one reservation ahead of sailing. 

My questions is if we wanted to add another dinning venue such as Park 150 whilst on board, would they allow us to upgrade to the 3 restaurant package? 

Thanks 

You paid full price for Chops and full price for Izumi Hibachi already?  And you want to know if they will let you upgrade to the 3 night dining package once on board, refunding what you paid for those two restaurants but letting you keep those reservations?  

My guess is "no".  You are asking for them to give you 150 Central Park for just a couple of dollars more.  Unless they aren't paying attention, I doubt that the answer will be "yes".

You basically want to have your cake and eat it, too.  😉 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

You paid full price for Chops and full price for Izumi Hibachi already?  And you want to know if they will let you upgrade to the 3 night dining package once on board, refunding what you paid for those two restaurants but letting you keep those reservations?  

My guess is "no".  You are asking for them to give you 150 Central Park for just a couple of dollars more.  Unless they aren't paying attention, I doubt that the answer will be "yes".

Yeah! You need the Cupcake cupboard too 😋 

https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/articles.cfm?ID=2976

I would of booked the three night dinner package and when arriving go to any restaurant and make my bookings. Also if i was going to three different venues who was on first ,what was second and third 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

We do it often. Our Anniversary falls in the middle of all westbound TA'S.  We always book a 3 or five night package and book our Anniversary on a specific night and time and pay full price. As soon as we board we make all our package night reservations and swap out the full price night for a package night. It has never been a problem. Host just cancels the full price night and we receive a fully refundable OBC.  

I would cancel those booking and book the 2 or 3 night package before cruising. It is very easy to get the time and nights you want when you get on the ship. You can just go to one restaurant and choose the nights you want for all your restaurants the first day. Just don’t wait, do it sometime the day you get on. Super easy

38 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We do it often. Our Anniversary falls in the middle of all westbound TA'S.  We always book a 3 or five night package and book our Anniversary on a specific night and time and pay full price. As soon as we board we make all our package night reservations and swap out the full price night for a package night. It has never been a problem. Host just cancels the full price night and we receive a fully refundable OBC.  

Yes, but you bought a package in addition to the full price reservation-OP was not planning on doing that (deciding during the cruise to go for 3).

1 hour ago, ngrund said:

Yes, but you bought a package in addition to the full price reservation-OP was not planning on doing that (deciding during the cruise to go for 3).

They simply need to purchase a 3 night package, now or after boarding.   Make a new reservation for 150 with the package, then at the same time switch over their existing reservation to the package and receive a full OBC refund for the two nights they have already paid for. We have found the specialty restaurant staff to be exceptionally accommodating to changes. 

8 hours ago, lachelli said:

Hello

Thanks 

No. Buy the 3 or 5 night pkg pre-cruise when on sale. Set up reservations onboard day 1 at Chops for all restaurants.