Holland America Land Tour Food Options - June, 2022

Btimmer

We are doing a LAND/Sea tour in Alaska starting at the end of June in Fairbanks.  Does anyone have any recommendations as to what land food option we should take?  We're a couple grandparents with a 11 year old granddaughter and I'm leaning to purchasing the lunch package and then winging it for breakfast and dinner. 

Thanks for any tips.

You were offered a lunch package?  We are doing the Denali + Yukon tour and were only offered a breakfast package, full tour package (that includes mostly breakfast and dinner, and two lunches over the 6 days on land), or a Denali only package.  It would be nice if anyone had the menus from the Westmark hotel restaurants, so we could have an idea if we even want to eat there before we invest that much money.  Right now we are leaning towards the Denali only package, since there are limited options there, and includes meals on the train.  There seems to be many options in Fairbanks and Dawson City within walking distance to our hotel.

I am also hoping someone will post the actual itinerary, so we know what time we leave each day to head towards our next destination and what time we arrive in the next town.  I think that would help with our planning.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tundra1 said:

....... Right now we are leaning towards the Denali only package, since there are limited options there, and includes meals on the train.  There seems to be many options in Fairbanks and Dawson City within walking distance to our hotel.

In Denali there is an area referred to as "glitter gulch" across from the McKinley Chalets.  In the past there have been options such as food trucks, a salmon bake and a Subway outlet.  Also there is a pizza place beside the Chalets.

On 5/29/2022 at 5:11 PM, tundra1 said:

It would be nice if anyone had the menus from the Westmark hotel restaurants, so we could have an idea if we even want to eat there before we invest that much money

Try accessing the individual hotels' websites and there might be menus posted.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 3:11 PM, tundra1 said:

You were offered a lunch package?  We are doing the Denali + Yukon tour and were only offered a breakfast package, full tour package (that includes mostly breakfast and dinner, and two lunches over the 6 days on land), or a Denali only package.  It would be nice if anyone had the menus from the Westmark hotel restaurants, so we could have an idea if we even want to eat there before we invest that much money.  Right now we are leaning towards the Denali only package, since there are limited options there, and includes meals on the train.  There seems to be many options in Fairbanks and Dawson City within walking distance to our hotel.

I am also hoping someone will post the actual itinerary, so we know what time we leave each day to head towards our next destination and what time we arrive in the next town.  I think that would help with our planning.

I keep hoping they will send an actual itinerary, too.  I would love to know when our included excursions are so we can plan around it.

I know everything I've read has said that we would be better off to buy our own food unless we are going to order the most expensive things on the menu.  I have seen posts with pictures of the menus - I'll try to find them.

• Like 1