Timeline of pre-departure PCR test

BrendaJ

Quick question - if we get a pre-departure PCR test, does it have to be within 72 hours?  I believe the website mentions 3 days.  So if I were boarding on the 7th, could I get my test anytime on the 4th, or does it need to be within 72 hours of boarding?  Or departure?

3 minutes ago, BrendaJ said:

Quick question - if we get a pre-departure PCR test, does it have to be within 72 hours?  I believe the website mentions 3 days.  So if I were boarding on the 7th, could I get my test anytime on the 4th, or does it need to be within 72 hours of boarding?  Or departure?

It depends on your country of embarkation. 

It is 3 days but people are saying for Athens if you have a pcr test they will do another antigen test (for free) at boarding.  We are boarding June 4 so have decided to do antigen June 3 in Piraeus rather than pcr before flight. 

27 minutes ago, suewheldon said:

It is 3 days but people are saying for Athens if you have a pcr test they will do another antigen test (for free) at boarding.  We are boarding June 4 so have decided to do antigen June 3 in Piraeus rather than pcr before flight. 

Please be so kind as to refer to where you saw this reference to a free antigen test, because it appears not to be certain that the test will be free.

But, who knows, in the absence of feedback from the OP, he/she may not be embarking in Greece.

Vague questions get vague answers... 

On another board. 

We just boarded Journey in Piraeus 2 days ago. Our 3 day old par was not accepted for boarding and we had to take an antigen test at the pier. Azamara waived the fee for the test. In Piraeus, either an antigen or per can not be older than one day. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, suewheldon said:

On another board. 

We just boarded Journey in Piraeus 2 days ago. Our 3 day old par was not accepted for boarding and we had to take an antigen test at the pier. Azamara waived the fee for the test. In Piraeus, either an antigen or per can not be older than one day. 

I took this to mean that, specific to the Piraeus port requirement, Azamara understood they had muddled the published requirement and their customer had already paid for a test which did not satisfy the Piraeus port, so they comp'd the pier side test. I wouldn't assume that  without a 72 hour PCR test result in hand, they will comp the pier side test -- there are several reports of a USD59 charge being paid by OBC.

It appears that €7-10 same day tests are widely available at Athen's pharmacies, and my plan is to get one done near my hotel the day before. (I'm on the Onward July 20th.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, eclipst said:

I took this to mean that, specific to the Piraeus port requirement, Azamara understood they had muddled the published requirement and their customer had already paid for a test which did not satisfy the Piraeus port, so they comp'd the pier side test. I wouldn't assume that  without a 72 hour PCR test result in hand, they will comp the pier side test -- there are several reports of a USD59 charge being paid by OBC.

It appears that €7-10 same day tests are widely available at Athen's pharmacies, and my plan is to get one done near my hotel the day before. (I'm on the Onward July 20th.)

In a parallel thread* Host Jazzbeau posted a link to a group of pharmacies offering thus, service.

* '2 tests for Athens' or something like that

We plan to do the EMED TEST THE day before we board. They send you a @certificate/proof of results upon completion  of the proctored test. We’ve done these tests for trips to Iceland, Costa Rica and Italy. AZAMARA reps giving conflicting info about them.

appreciate any info! We depart June 17 from Athens

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Interesting. I am hoping for Lisbon they will accept the 3 day PCR test since as long as you are fully vaccinated, Portugal doesn’t require testing at all.

I think that, from the content of a parallel thread (2 tests for Athens or some such), Greece is the exception in not accepting PCR tests taken more than 1 day before embarkation.

• Like 2

At the beginning of May I arrived in ATH and was mystified to see people getting Covid tests at the airport on arrival. I didn't need them, and didn't know anyone did. But they are available (€60 PCR results emailed within 24 hours, €20 antigen results emailed in 20 minutes )

For those arriving on flights the (calendar) day before a cruise it may be easier to get the test done in Greece. They certainly will meet the requirements for testing, and you don't need to find a pharmacy....

-------

Is there a facility for diagnostic tests for SARS-COV-2 (Covid-19) at the airport premises? Can I take a diagnostic test at the airport premises?

kindly be advised of the availability to perform diagnostic test for SARS-COV-2 (Covid-19) at Athens airport, using both methods, Molecular & Rapid Antigen test, at the specially configured testing point of Athens Medical Center, located on the “Arrivals” level, between exits 2 and 3. However, the testing point at the airport should be used as a last resort due to unpredictability of traffic flows and possible increased waiting times.

The testing point operates on a 24-hour basis. You may proceed for testing without an appointment.

Due to increased attendance, longer waiting times might be expected thus, passengers are kindly requested to timely attend the testing point at the airport for their molecular (PCR) or Rapid-antigen test. As far as  Rapid tests are concerned, it is highly recommended to plan for at least 3 hours available time prior to your departure. 

Payment options available at the testing point include the use of POS machine accepting debit / credit card or cash.

Registration & payment procedure for the Molecular(PCR) test can be also accomplished electronically through the platform https://payments.iatriko.gr/. Details and important information are included in the section “Frequently Asked Questions” of the platform.

Test results for molecular (PCR) test will be delivered to you, by email, within approximately 24 hours. Response time varies according to sampling time or volume of tests.

Test results for rapid (Antigen) test are available by email ,15-20 minutes after completion of sampling. For any further information, please contact Athens Medical Center representatives at airport@iatriko.gr. 

-- Athens International Airport -- COVID-19 USEFUL INFORMATION

Is Azamara accepting web proctored antigen test results? I found https://onpoint-testing.com/ that charges $15 and you use your own test box that is required to be unopened.  We will be arriving a week before our cruise in Iceland touring by car and the day of our cruise will be driving 7 hours to back to board the ship from small villages with limited facilities. Otherwise it would have to be done at the port preboarding. 

On 5/31/2022 at 2:30 PM, luv2travel90266 said:

Is Azamara accepting web proctored antigen test results? I found https://onpoint-testing.com/ that charges $15 and you use your own test box that is required to be unopened.  We will be arriving a week before our cruise in Iceland touring by car and the day of our cruise will be driving 7 hours to back to board the ship from small villages with limited facilities. Otherwise it would have to be done at the port preboarding. 

There has been a lot of discussion about whether they accept tests that you do yourself while a Proctor is watching and talking you through it(EMED-Binax Now for ex.)

I received this email in response to my question from Azamara:

As long as the test is by a licensed testing agency and provides a certificate for results, it will be accepted. 

Sincerely, 

Kayla
Azamara
Wichita, Kansas Sales and Service Center

• Like 1