Within 2 Days (Antigen for Alaska Cruise from Vancouver)

rass2008

According to the HAL Website, must take a supervised antigen test within 2 days of embarkation. For a cruise leaving Wednesday does this mean you could test any day from Monday. Tuesday or Wednesday? 

Has anyone sailed from Vancouver recently, did you test Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday?

Thanks in advance.

We recently returned from a 10 day sea/land cruise, leaving from Vancouver. Cruise departed on Sunday. We got our antigen test from the Walgreen’s drive through on Saturday around noon, flew out Saturday morning and boarded the ship Sunday afternoon around 1 PM. Loaded results into Verifly. No problem whatsoever 

52 minutes ago, cabinluvn said:

We recently returned from a 10 day sea/land cruise, leaving from Vancouver. Cruise departed on Sunday. We got our antigen test from the Walgreen’s drive through on Saturday around noon, flew out Saturday morning and boarded the ship Sunday afternoon around 1 PM. Loaded results into Verifly. No problem whatsoever 

I’m assuming you mean testing on Friday around noon with flight out on Saturday morning and boarding on Sunday.

Anyway, that corresponds with the Canadian requirements website https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

“if your ship is scheduled to leave on Friday, you could provide proof of a negative result from an antigen test taken any time on Wednesday, Thursday, or on Friday”

Edited by 2inSETexas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rass2008 said:

According to the HAL Website, must take a supervised antigen test within 2 days of embarkation. For a cruise leaving Wednesday does this mean you could test any day from Monday. Tuesday or Wednesday

Correct 

• Like 2

If you plan on using a set appointment proctor get it set now. If you are going to join a queue for a proctor it can be a bit of a wait at certain times I hear. yMMV! 

16 hours ago, muffin said:

If you plan on using a set appointment proctor get it set now. If you are going to join a queue for a proctor it can be a bit of a wait at certain times I hear. yMMV! 

Thank you muffin - I agree.

We are going to use WM Life Centres and I will book them this weekend as we are a family of 6 total who are cruising. 

Really wishing I had gotten my positive PCR in April (only had rapid home tests and didn't have cruise booked so didn't think of it) as it would take the stress out of testing lol