Changing menu daily or fixed menu

Papadog

Hi, does anyone know if the MDR menu has changed from the new fixed menu NCL presented for the Prima? I spoke to a 

representative today who mentioned she believe that it changed back to changing menu everyday. Thank you

I’m not sure what you are asking.

NCL announced that the Prima will have the new fixed menus, and that this may go fleet wife afterwards. There won’t be any changes yet, and I wouldn’t expect them on other ships this year.

Are you saying that they aren’t doing the fixed menus on the Prima any more? That would sound unlikely now it’s been announced.

Edited by KeithJenner

3 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I’m not sure what you are asking.

NCL announced that the Prima will have the new fixed menus, and that this may go fleet wife afterwards. There won’t be any changes yet, and I wouldn’t expect them on other ships this year.

Are you saying that they aren’t doing the fixed menus on the Prima any more? That would sound unlikely now it’s been announced.

What does "fixed menu" mean here?

Something like a set menu per entree (e.g., chicken comes with mashed potatoes and asparagus; fish comes with broccoli and potatoes au gratin)?  And you can't request any subsitution of which vegetable per choice?

Or that the menus don't changed from night to night?

Or?

GC

53 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

What does "fixed menu" mean here?

Something like a set menu per entree (e.g., chicken comes with mashed potatoes and asparagus; fish comes with broccoli and potatoes au gratin)?  And you can't request any subsitution of which vegetable per choice?

Or that the menus don't changed from night to night?

Or?

GC

I think the idea is that the MDRs will each have their own fixed menus, like the speciality restaurants do. I seem to recall talk of some daily specials, maybe coming from the speciality restaurants.

Edit: from the CC article:

The new concept is that the menus will be fixed -- typically on cruise ships, the menu changes daily, with a few fixed items -- and extensive. It will feature dishes from all over the world, including two that the line showed off to shipyard tour guests March 7 in Venice: shrimp arancini and Greek bruschetta.

Other options might include Spanish paella and Italian mussels prepared in a white wine sauce and vegetarian options such as mushroom risotto and cauliflower piccata.

Both venues will also feature a build-your-own-pasta section where guests can request a tailormade Italian classic pasta dish by selecting their choice of pasta, sauce, and topping, providing more than 24 meal combinations. The menu will also include a "Specialties" section where cruise goers can select a dish from one of the ship's specialty dining eateries. The revamped menu will debut on Norwegian Prima and will roll out to the rest of NCL's 17-ship fleet through 2023.”

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/6807/

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Thanks 1