Live Review NCL Dawn British Isles One Way to Amsterdam 6/3/2022-6/12/2022. Lots of Pictures!

BennyBrun

2 hours ago, insidecabin said:

We are jumping on a Princess UK trip just as you get off  interested in the latest reports from the ports.

Also looking at Dawn for later in the year.

Although the dining package list restrictions never had a problem with extras/swaps other than the extra entre charge, always come away full.

the free at sea dinners got cut back on bookings from  Jan 2022,  inside 10 days now only gets 1 meal with a upsell for 2 more(£60pp in the UK) 

Yeah the cut back definitely hurt but I booked this before that so I got 3 specialty dinning for an inside cabin.

2 hours ago, insidecabin said:

A lot of LHR hotels have the local TFL bus options that go to the terminals and are a lot cheaper(used to be free) than the Hopper at £1.65 (each way).

The thistle(premier inn over the road)  are very handy for T5 as the bus(423) stop is just outside <5min on the bus( to the arrivals level there are a few guides around.

Google has the bus stops marked you can see which buses go to the terminal and which hotels are close for central bus station(T2/T3)

also TFL has a map

https://www.heathrow.com/content/dam/heathrow/web/common/documents/transport/Heathrow_area_map.pdf

If I did not have a large suitcase then I would have definitely considered other options but with the suitcase I was looking for an easy way to get to the hotel then back to the airport tomorrow for my transfer to SouthHampton.

Pre Cruise

Queen’s Platinum Jubilee… people every where… those with tickets to view the parade and those without tickets to view the parade are all over the place… most of the access to Buckingham Palace and around it were blocked off… making it difficult to get around…

16604B19-4BE8-4778-ACC6-F8BF01D2059F.jpeg

C4EC6C5E-2416-4CFD-9FD7-D6347CF1AF7A.jpeg

DA693235-4709-417D-A1A4-421B7760F419.jpeg

39B875D6-E32B-45DD-ACDD-52A14169E759.jpeg

704F0A7B-9E91-4217-9F5E-51DC93F6AB9D.jpeg

D6D3717E-95D5-49B3-9AA6-83D0DE2C018B.jpeg

BCD51D59-9241-47DC-B6ED-183E62F5FC1D.jpeg

7752244D-38D7-4CD0-B67A-56FD0D70738B.jpeg

80DFBDA6-81D7-496E-BC5B-648525314477.jpeg

0DC8E63E-A7F8-47B5-AE00-7FFD4263D99E.jpeg

A0E06628-7B60-42E4-8F26-649277CA71EE.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tupperstamper said:

I'm so looking forward to your posts. We are on the 09/15 cruise. We had this planned years ago, Now after Covid and 5 cancellations, I think it may actually happen.

Book your excursions if want to do them using the $50 credit… the good ones disappears quickly!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics of London which is one of if not my most favorite city I've been to.

Once on board I'm anxious to see your food reports VS Royal.

We were supposed to be the Symphony of the Seas right now but my 13 year old caught Covid 10 days ago so that cruise was cancelled. We are now trying NCL July23rd on the Getaway. I've heard some reports that while NCL's food has recently gotten better Royal's has been heading the other direction. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics of London which is one of if not my most favorite city I've been to.

Once on board I'm anxious to see your food reports VS Royal.

We were supposed to be the Symphony of the Seas right now but my 13 year old caught Covid 10 days ago so that cruise was cancelled. We are now trying NCL July23rd on the Getaway. I've heard some reports that while NCL's food has recently gotten better Royal's has been heading the other direction. 

Oh no!!!  I am so sorry to hear that.  I hope your 13 year old get better soon!!!!  It’s terrible you guys are missing my favorite Oasis Class ship Symphony!  Love that ship !

I will not disappoint with good pictures… don’t you worry!!!  I have not had any issues with food on Royal but again I eat late and find the slow time to dine so that might have a different experience too… but we shall see how it goes on NCL.  I know that I won’t be getting salmon and escargot at MDR but will be able to have pub food and Chinese food as complimentary options so it’s a trade off!

• Like 3