VeriFLY and letter from Seabourn

Thenagers

It’s incredible that Seabourn staff cannot prepare messages that are clear enough for the reader to know what to do. It’s the “to do” part that apparently Seabourn marketing staff ignore.

Anyway, if there is no Seabourn option check on what IS available. I see that Holland America is listed so that is your safest bet. As in Seabourn is run/run down by HAL.

Happy and healthy sailing!

The Verifly app was suggested to us as being useful for our upcoming Alaska cruise. I downloaded it but so far haven't created an account.  Does it have any advantage over the Seabourn App except perhaps for some performance issues. The Seabourn app takes all the information and provides a boarding pass, knows the details of the itinerary etc.. Does Verifly do the same? Who owns Verifly and what do they do with your information?

I am familiar with verify since I have used it for several months plus for British Airways flights. It serves to give me a green tick on their app so that in turn the checkin can progress and thereby save time. So presumably Seabourn, which recommended this, will pass back to you that expedited process if not also a boarding pass.

I don’t know who owns, developed or manages it.

Happy and healthy sailing!

We've used VeriFly flying on American Airlines, and it saved a lot of time and shuffling of documents at airport check-in. The first time, it was still fairly new, and the agent at luggage check-in broke out in a smile, "Oh, you used VeriFly. Thank you for making my day easier!" But VeriFly wasn't yet available for Seabourn on our two cruises in the past year.

6 hours ago, cruiseej said:

We've used VeriFly flying on American Airlines, and it saved a lot of time and shuffling of documents at airport check-in. The first time, it was still fairly new, and the agent at luggage check-in broke out in a smile, "Oh, you used VeriFly. Thank you for making my day easier!" But VeriFly wasn't yet available for Seabourn on our two cruises in the past year.

No problem with you using the app if you wish. I don’t see the benefit for us as the Seabourn app gives us boarding passes (I am not flying anywhere) but I don’t want to miss out. . I just wonder where my sensitive information goes. 

VeriFly is a division of Daon, a biometrics company headquartered in Virginia which has been creating digital identity systems for governments, companies, and organizations for more than 20 years. VeriFly says the app meets strict privacy and data protection regulations, including Europe’s strict GDR rules. The app gives users complete control of their data, and the company says it will eliminate all of your data immediately if you decide to stop using the app.

The only benefit of the app is that it speeds your boarding process on a plane or a ship, and reduces the number of documents you need to fumble with and present at check-in. Even though Seabourn gives you a boarding pass (the equivalent of an airline boarding pass), you still may have to present your Covid vaccination records and your recent Covid test record; this just makes that process digital and speedy, because a human at VeriFly has already looked at the documents and given you a thumbs up. You don't need to use it if you prefer not to. 

On 6/5/2022 at 5:25 PM, Dusko said:

Thanks for the info. That sounds like a good idea if Seabourn is using it. Does anyone have recent experience of checking in that way?

Yes. It didn't work.

Frankly. Using the boarding pass and having the vax card and covid test results in your hand is no big deal. I can spare an extra 30 seconds in the boarding process.