Why Are Most Shore excursions all sold out for Sept 11 Apex?

Brookefairway

went to book some excursions and the majority in all the ports are completely sold out. Ive never seen this before. Will celebrity add more once we get onboard?  I was hoping to use OBC so I dont want to book privately. Will they open up ?  Does anyone have the shore excurison desk number and not sure if they have anything to add.

We have found the amount of excursions to be less than pre-pandemic and we have had a number we booked cancelled with just before boarding or once on the ship.

The tour companies, like so many other businesses are finding staff which is limiting they capacity.  In some countries the guides must have been trained and licensed making the staffing issue more difficult.  

Like Jeylayne excursions have been filling up and selling out early.    They sometimes open additional excursions but in many ports due to labor issues and equipment availability there just isn't additional resources. 

If they don't open them up before sailing stop by excursions desk and ask to be wait listed.   There are often cancellations

I booked an excursion on Apex back in March shortly before my cruise, I think it showed up a day or two before I booked it, two days later the excursion was cancelled.  I do think there are staff problems still lingering around.  I ended up doing the exact excursion on my own, so it must have been Celebrity's operator for the excursion... Not sure.  Seemed strange to me that it showed up just before the cruise and then was quickly cancelled.

20 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

I booked an excursion on Apex back in March shortly before my cruise, I think it showed up a day or two before I booked it, two days later the excursion was cancelled.  I do think there are staff problems still lingering around.  I ended up doing the exact excursion on my own, so it must have been Celebrity's operator for the excursion... Not sure.  Seemed strange to me that it showed up just before the cruise and then was quickly cancelled.

We have had some cancelled because not enough signed up.  A last minute added excursion may not have had the minimum for the tour operator to run.