HELP! Vaccine proof documentation (Canadian citizen from Ontario)

Freckles1983

I just did the online health check in for my upcoming cruise and have a few questions for Canadian citizens - specifically ontarians that have sailed with HAL recently…

when you are at the pier do they accept the government issued Ontario vaccine QR code online form?  
I noticed that it doesn’t say on that page the where and who administered the vaccines.  It has all the other pertinent info.  I have all my paper copies of reciepts from when I had my shots but my husband is missing one of his paper copies.  On these paper copies it states where and who administered the dose.  

is the online government issued pdf with QR code acceptable or is there a chance we will be denied boarding due to this?  

anyone else been thru this before and have any answers??  Just trying to figure out if we need to attempt to get this piece of paper reprinted from the pharmacy that gave my husband that dose.  

thanks for any help!

I'm in BC, (not Ontario) but I can try to answer your questions.  Do you have a copy of your federal proof of vaccination?  (I don't know how different your Provincial one is from the Federal one.)  We sailed on the Koningsdam in March from San Diego CA, and that was the document they were looking for.  I'm attaching a copy of mine with pertinent info removed, and I checked to make sure the QR code does not work.

You will see it has the list of types of my vaccinations, and I have whited out my name and the dates of the vaccines, but your federal copy should look pretty much the same.

This was also the document we needed to show to fly to San Diego and to get home.

L.

fed vax.jpg

Hi ,

Here is a link to get your certificate;

Proof of vaccination - Ontario

Follow the steps indicated for getting your proof of vaccination certificate. You will then be able to download, print or email the certificate and it will appear like the one pictured above by leerathje. This will have the QR code as well as the dates and types of doses you received.

I put a copy on my phone and printed one as well. This is what I used to board the Eurodam in Florida this past November.

Good luck!

Rochelle

3 minutes ago, Freckles1983 said:

I guess obviously they accepted that lol.  K that puts my mind at ease , thank you!  I was thinking we were going to have to scramble around and find this piece of paper before we left 😓 

Well, they let us on the boat, so......  😁 Yes, it is adequate.

L.

• Thanks 1

We boarded the Koningsdam in Vancouver  in April.

Both DH and I used our electronic Ontario issued QR code that we'd saved to our phones.

No problems at all. There was no need for a printed copy although we had brought one just in case.

• Thanks 1

We used Verifly and uploaded our vax certificates (with the QR code), and our test results.  No problems at all.  Also, some ports required vaccination proof and we just showed the digital version on our phones and it was fine.  This was in the Caribbean.

17 hours ago, Cruisepucks said:

We boarded the Koningsdam in Vancouver  in April.

Both DH and I used our electronic Ontario issued QR code that we'd saved to our phones.

No problems at all. There was no need for a printed copy although we had brought one just in case.

When we flew back from San Diego to Canada, we offered out QR codes on our phone to Air Canada, and they said "no, we want to see the actual paper....nevre did scan it, just physically looked at it.

L.

6 hours ago, leerathje said:

When we flew back from San Diego to Canada, we offered out QR codes on our phone to Air Canada, and they said "no, we want to see the actual paper....nevre did scan it, just physically looked at it.

L.

We were to upload the proof of vaccination when we did the Air Canada checkin. My husband's didn't take, so we needed to show it at the desk. No problem, and when we flew back, the proof was already noted on the file.

On 6/2/2022 at 2:14 PM, Freckles1983 said:

I just did the online health check in for my upcoming cruise and have a few questions for Canadian citizens - specifically ontarians that have sailed with HAL recently…

when you are at the pier do they accept the government issued Ontario vaccine QR code online form?  
I noticed that it doesn’t say on that page the where and who administered the vaccines.  It has all the other pertinent info.  I have all my paper copies of reciepts from when I had my shots but my husband is missing one of his paper copies.  On these paper copies it states where and who administered the dose.  

is the online government issued pdf with QR code acceptable or is there a chance we will be denied boarding due to this?  

anyone else been thru this before and have any answers??  Just trying to figure out if we need to attempt to get this piece of paper reprinted from the pharmacy that gave my husband that dose.  

thanks for any help!

Just use verifly and save a lot of time for boarding. Upload your vax (pdf and they'll verify within a hr as they don't take Ontario qr code vax), upload test results and health queatuonaire 

I didn't need any printout or show vax record cause I used verifly

Edited by gilboman