Updated end of cruise testing for Italy ports

Susanb10567

It looks like Celebrity has updated the end of cruise testing for Italy as a home port and will be offering it on board. I know people on the Reflection posted that they were offered that recently but it has made it to the website today. I didn’t check any other home ports yet. I wonder if they will wave the $55 fee for those of us who booked before November. I hope this continues through the summer if the US doesn’t get rid of the testing entry requirement. I just bought the E-Med tests but I now at least don’t have to worry about the WIFi. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/italy-travel-requirements

This is the updated info for anyone who needs it:

To help with the U.S. re-entry process, we are providing guests with two options:

Onboard Testing - Guests who wish to test onboard can be tested within 24 hours prior to debark. Please use the following link to register: https://www.eurofins-eclinical.com/registration/si-gbr-onboard/. The cost for this test is $55 USD and will be charged to your onboard account. Our third-party vendor Eurofins will facilitate the test and you will receive your results within 10 minutes.

eMED Test Kits - Provided by eMed, an authorized medical provider, these tests provide the required proctored test and can be purchased onboard for $24.50 USD. For guests extending their stay in Europe, this option adds the convenience and flexibility of testing whenever it is appropriate for your return flight home.

Any other nationalities, please check your country's re-entry requirements for specific testing information.

13 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

has anyone used the eMed test?  If you've used it,  how long did it take for your results?  Thanks

We used Navica and Emed for our cruise from Amsterdam in mid May. First test was in our hotel room for boarding. We took our test to return home onboard the ship, around noon on the last day.

Testing on board was no harder than testing in the room. Premium streaming wi-fi is a must. It would also help to do a test on land first, where you feel secure about the connection.

It can be hard to understand what the proctor is saying, and the second time is easier in that regard.

The entire process takes about 45 minutes. Finishing test to results on my phone was about 10 minutes.

Having said all that, I would have done the Eurofins test in a heartbeat, had it been available.

There are several threads on this topic, search for them.

• Like 2

I hope this offering continues if the US isn't going to come to its senses and abandon return testing.  

Actually, X breaking down and offering this is probably a sign that they've heard that the US isn't ending testing this summer as so many had hoped.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, danv3 said:

Actually, X breaking down and offering this is probably a sign that they've heard that the US isn't ending testing this summer as so many had hoped.

Or possibly just an acknowledgement that the policy as it existed was putting people in a very untenable position in Italy due to the unique requirements there.  It was certainly getting some "bad press" here.

• Like 3