NCL Getaway July 9-16, 2022-H9-Live w/pics

graphicguy

1 hour ago, JIMESOPUS said:

@graphicguy Thanks for taking us along for the ride. We where the GA during Easter, there was a great cover band in Sid's playing Fleetwood Mac. We used the Haven perk to get in first, nothing better than a good band and a great drink.

Thanks…getting some dinner and will head there….!!!!

• Like 1

I am seeing some comments in Cruise Critic stating that there have been letters in some of the ships' platinum and above cruiser's cabins allowing them to use their platinum dinner credits in any of the restaurants. Did you get one of these on the Getaway?

• Like 2

I know the Escape had this, but can’t remember about the Getaway.  Is there a door that goes from the Haven directly to Vibe (can be opened with your key card only after you add Vibe to it). Thanks!

5 hours ago, stefmaia said:

I am seeing some comments in Cruise Critic stating that there have been letters in some of the ships' platinum and above cruiser's cabins allowing them to use their platinum dinner credits in any of the restaurants. Did you get one of these on the Getaway?

Yes!

• Like 3

On 7/8/2022 at 4:36 PM, graphicguy said:

View out of my hotel room.  Older hotel, but very clean.  And, the location is great!!!!!

C30840C2-D187-49EB-AEB7-617987E3A04A.jpeg

What hotel did you stay at in Cocoa Beach?  

Thank you for posting about the cruise.  Great being able to see the ship before we sail in November.

Enjoy your cruise!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hrmkr said:

What hotel did you stay at in Cocoa Beach?  

Thank you for posting about the cruise.  Great being able to see the ship before we sail in November.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks….Best Western Cocoa Beach.  Older hotel but clean and definitely close to the Beach.  Two items of caution, DO NOT book it through booking.com.  They wouldn’t honor their pricing policies.  DO NOT use the hotel’s shuttle service to the pier.  It’s 3rd party (Cocoa Beach Expeess, I believe).  They weren’t punctual and they were rude.  Just grab an Uber.  It’s only a 5-10 minute trip!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Whew…steamy day at GSC.  Had fun, though.  Swam, sunned, explored, drank, ate.  Exactly what you’re supposed to do.  

They have what looks to be 4 tenders running.

Very nice private island.  Didn’t do any Cabanas, as I didn’t have a problem finding a lounger.

We could see Royal’s private island in the distance.  Been there…more of an amusement park.  NCL is more laid back, which I liked!

430B440A-9DEF-4EC6-80D8-A49BD93BBCAE.jpeg

47F95A40-70F2-45C0-9A2F-3B44D67618BD.jpeg

61249A13-366F-400A-8B8F-E94977AE7AA5.jpeg

• Like 4