Symphony or celebrity equinox

Trying to decide a caribbean trip. 7n  with symphony or 8n with celebrity equinox? We just did 5n on oasis of the seas and it was really nice. 1st time on that huge class ship

Never been on celebrity. wondering if the experience will be better/different than the newer symphony? 

Anyone have been on both or either ships? I like the ship experience, my wife likes the itinerary. Celeb has the better itinerary for this trip. 

Thanks! 

I would choose Celebrity but it really depends on your own preferences. RCL more family oriented. Celebrity more for adults. The Equinox is an excellent ship! One of my favorite cruises was on the Equinox.

• Like 1

Having sailed on both multiple times, and in August Oasis again, I would suggest the Equinox.  It is a great ship- food better on Celebrity- enjoy the Celebrity ambiance.  It has a more adult upscale vibe.  If however, traveling with family, including kids, the Oasis class ships win.

I enjoy that the all in program Celebity offers is included.  Seems to be a much better value.  Also, the crowding is much less an issue on Celebrity.  We have two future Celebrity Apex cruises booked in the winter.  

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

Equinox has fewer entertainment options than Symphony.  More music options and less things like pool games.  Food is better (although we ate in Luminae).  Senior staff on Equinox is often around the ship socializing with passengers.  Spent 11nights on Equinox last fall and 5 weeks on Symphony since August.