Port Canaveral to Disney

Peachypooh

I searched on the Florida ports board and couldn't find any info. One person in our party wants to go to Disney and was wondering if

there were any alternatives to the NCL shuttle (uber, taxi)  I thought at one point people rented cars.

Any recent experience? Thanks

You need to think this through. How long are you in port?  How long does it take to rent and return a car. It’s around 1 1/2 hrs each way from the port to Disney. If you take a rental, then you will be paying parking at Disney which I think is around $25 or more. You will also have tolls. 

All that said, the price of a one day ticket and not have much time to enjoy the park. Is it worth it. If I “had” to go, I’d do the NCL shuttle. 

Just my thoughts

• Thanks 1

And a FYI you have to make reservations for your Disney ticket.  IF it’s pouring rain, something else happens-/ no refunds.  A lot of rides long waits.  The rides that you really want to go on (most popular) u pay extra— $10–$15 per person, per ride.  AND they assign you the time.  Totally not worth it.  Make that another trip— Disney is very expensive & has so much add ins.  They have price so many people out

Now near there is Disney Springs (still a long ride) you can visit— check that out

Also, traffic around Disney is awful.  We rented a condo approx 5 miles or so from Disney— traffic could take us a 1/2 hour to get there (we actually didn’t go to Disney— but Snowbird for 3 months).  Traffic is awful— even driving to & from port

I wouldn’t do it.  Only do ship excursions 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, complawyer said:

generally this is a mucho "BAD" idea unless port canaveral is the last port on the cruise. my sister lives in orlando, and says its a pain to go there, and they're season pass holders.

Yeah.  I haven't been to DisneyWorld, but DisneyLand probably over a dozen times.  It can take four DAYS to do everything.  I can't imagine what you could get done in four hours.  Maybe ride two rides?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

with all the people massing in disneyworld, it would probably take at least an hour to get to the front of even one ride, forget about trying for 2. also, you need to make a reservation to enter the park, and my sister told me, that the trams dont go to any specific park anymore. so you need to park and it takes at least 15-20 minutes to get from the parking lot to the gate.

this is a very ill-planned idea. additionally, with transportation, entrance fees, food/drinks, and depending an the amount of people in this persons party that want to go, this could be a $1,000 day visit.  ironically, its actually cheaper take a 10 day cruise then to spend a week in disneyworld (depending of course on cabin choice). we live in los angeles, and for a while we were actually yearly passholders for disneyworld. airfaresvwerevcheap, hotel rates were low for passholders, you could park hop with no problems.

unfortunately, these days, it aint happening

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

unfortunately, these days, it aint happening

Yep.  I've told my family there are two things I'm not going to attempt until Covid is long gone and things are (hopefully) back to normal.  POA sailing and Disneyland.  It may be one more year, two more years, who knows?  Neither HI or Disneyland is going anywhere.

I was at Disney this weekend (I live 2 hours away) and only went to Animal Kingdom.
It was jam packed with people. Lines were long.
We were there all day and got on 3 attractions.

A lot of walking, a lot of people and a LOT of money.