Returning from your cruise I have a question

Matco

Returning from your cruise I have a question  

66 members have voted

1. 1. How many have or have not tested positive while on or after your cruise?

• Tested positive while on board
    • Tested positive once at home
    • Felt a little under the weather but didn't test
    • Not sick at all
  2. 2. If you tested positive have you had covid before?

• Yes within 6 months
    • Yes
    • No

Guest BasicSailor
Just now, 1kaper said:

So cancel cruising then. Got it. 

Well you don't have to pic nik me for the answer , feel free to ask Carnival . It's up to them at the present time.

46 minutes ago, BasicSailor said:

Your comment says more in just a few words than most people would think about. If they're that many people with covid on a ship, then that ship should return to port or not sail at all.  But from the looks of things its coming to that again.

I'm not sure what you're referring to - or I'm misunderstanding your point...

Do you have information that validates any type of trend showing that ships are returning to port and/or not sailing due to Covid cases?

As for mandatory post-cruise testing: 

• For starters, it does not accomplish the surety (confidence level) desired. The incubation period is longer than the length of most cruises, so a 'caught on board' case would still be negative at debark in most cases...
  • Second, the CDC color thresholds already rolls in post-cruise positive cases reported by the local state and health departments from folks who debarked within 5 days.
  • Third, as hapyto was suggesting above, in the event that there were a significant number of positives found at the post-cruise debark test, what do you do with those people? Send them home? Keep them aboard and cancel the next sailing? etc. Essentially, the proposed scenario results in information with which there is no reasonable action possible.

• Like 1

Guest BasicSailor

😁

9 minutes ago, Brkintx said:

I'm not sure what you're referring to - or I'm misunderstanding your point...

Do you have information that validates any type of trend showing that ships are returning to port and/or not sailing due to Covid cases?

As for mandatory post-cruise testing: 

• For starters, it does not accomplish the surety (confidence level) desired. The incubation period is longer than the length of most cruises, so a 'caught on board' case would still be negative at debark in most cases...
  • Second, the CDC color thresholds already rolls in post-cruise positive cases reported by the local state and health departments from folks who debarked within 5 days.
  • Third, as hapyto was suggesting above, in the event that there were a significant number of positives found at the post-cruise debark test, what do you do with those people? Send them home? Keep them aboard and cancel the next sailing? etc. Essentially, the proposed scenario results in information with which there is no reasonable action possible.

See the source image

Edited by BasicSailor

Been on 4 cruises since the restart (July 21 for our area) and have never had covid, before, during or after any cruise or at any other time - been to Universal between the 4 cruises as well. I also work in a healthcare facility, and not even a symptom in the 2-3 years of covid here.   I have another cruise in Aug and then 2 booked for next year.  

We have done 3 cruises in the past 9 months. No issues in Sept or Nov 2021. But last month, both my husband and I tested positive for COVID the day after we got off the ship. My parents had a similar experience, no issues last fall, but in April they both think they caught COVID on their cruise (but didn't test). But it hasn't stopped any of us from booking several additional cruises.

Did a three-day cruise in March with no issues.  Just got back from a seven-day and three of the five of us have tested positive.

We'll cruise on though.  We have a seven-day planned for July 2.  Thinking we'll be good by then and not too at risk of getting covid again so close to having just had it.

• Like 1

I've been on two cruises since start back. Did not feel sick after either one.

Your poll requires an answer to the question if we tested positive, had we had COVID before. I wasn't sick, so did not do a test, and haven't had COVID.

Edited by mammajamma2013
Clarify answer re prev COVID infection

Sorry, I did not intend this thread to derail so quickly. It was only to see if more people are going on their cruise and not getting sick vs getting sick. It was not to debate testing, masking or vaccines. Like many others have said if you do not feel safe cruising then don't, if you want to wear a mask or not that's up to you. At the end of the day enjoy your cruise if you choose to do so, I know I will once we board next week.

Mods feel free to lock this thread 

• Like 1