Arashi Beach

kateg

Since there is so little up-to-date info I wanted to quickly post our experience

Arashi is a nice small pretty beach.  The snack stand had food and drinks.  Chairs were $15 US for 2 chairs.  The beach was pretty crowded on a Wednesday with 2 ships in port.  There was plenty of paved parking.  We did see the public bus arrive and pick up a few people. 

When we were there (I know at beaches in the US the shore line changes so your experience may be different) there was a steep shelf (maybe 3 feet) drop into the water and with the waves--although not huge- it was a little tricky getting in and out of the water.  I was knocked over and had so much sand in my swimsuit lol.  It wasn't scary or anything just very not graceful.  My kids all went snorkeling and saw a few things.  My daughter went out as far as the line (designated swimming area I guess) and struggled a little with the waves and her snorkel gear. She was a competitive swimmer but is out of shape.  Still, her being out of shape is superior to the average swimmer...so I wouldn't call this a calm beach if that's what you are looking for.  But it wasn't rough either-it was somewhere in the middle.   Again, I know wave action can vary day to day so YMMV.  For us it wasn't worth the drive.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2022 at 11:08 AM, Cruise, J.D. said:

Thank you for your report. Did you happen to notice if snorkel equipment was available to rent there or nearby?

It was earlier this year (January 2022)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We had a good time at Arashi (late June 2022). We took the public bus from Oranjested. The bus terminal was located in a parking lot across the main street that runs along the cruise terminal. It was about $5pp for a roundtrip. We rented 3 chairs and an umbrella for $50, which included free bottled water. Snorkeling equipment was $15 per person or 2 for $20. There was great snorkeling here. I suggest wearing water shoes as there is quite a bit of rocks.

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2022 at 4:03 PM, Cruise, J.D. said:

We had a good time at Arashi (late June 2022). We took the public bus from Oranjested. The bus terminal was located in a parking lot across the main street that runs along the cruise terminal. It was about $5pp for a roundtrip. We rented 3 chairs and an umbrella for $50, which included free bottled water. Snorkeling equipment was $15 per person or 2 for $20. There was great snorkeling here. I suggest wearing water shoes as there is quite a bit of rocks.

I've seen a few reports about the bathroom being an outhouse or very basic facility. May I ask if this is an exaggeration?

Also, did you use the snack shack at all? Curious what was on offer for food/drink?

TIA

On 8/22/2022 at 11:56 AM, NateUpNorth said:

I've seen a few reports about the bathroom being an outhouse or very basic facility. May I ask if this is an exaggeration?

Also, did you use the snack shack at all? Curious what was on offer for food/drink?

TIA

I don't know about the bathroom except that the line was always very long.

We did use the snack shack. We got a bucket of beer and some savory fried pies. They had typical beach bar and grill stuff with a few special items.

The bathroom was a normal bathroom.  If you buy food or drinks at the bar it is free to use.  There is a minimal charge if you don't.  We always  use the bathrooms and change in the bathrooms for our bus ride back to the ship.  We usually buy drinks and snacks at the bar, so I don't know what they charge to use bathroom.