Port to City distance prior post?

1 hour ago, Magiemae41 said:

Hi, someone had previously listed all the times from each port, various transportation methods available and currency used.  I've searched and searched and can't seem to find it.  Does anyone recall this post?

As I posted in the other thread:

What route are you looking at? I don't assume that British Isles cruises, Baltic cruises and Norwegian fjords cruises - all of which can have Southampton departures - would have been in the same post.

1 hour ago, Magiemae41 said:

I'm so sorry - I didn't realize multiple cruises left from there.  It is the British Isles cruise, start in Southampton and ends in Amsterdam. 

OK - next piece of data:    What is the cruise line and what is the itinerary?  i.e. what specifically are the ports?  And any other data that might help people answer your question.

Norwegian Dawn 09/05 to 09/15 - Starting in Southampton going to Portland, Cork, Dublin, Belfast, Kirkwall, Inverness, Edinburgh, Brussels and ending in Amsterdam. 

Someone broke this down for this particular itinerary, but I can't seem to locate the post.  

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Magiemae41 said:

Norwegian Dawn 09/05 to 09/15 - Starting in Southampton going to Portland, Cork, Dublin, Belfast, Kirkwall, Inverness, Edinburgh, Brussels and ending in Amsterdam. 

Someone broke this down for this particular itinerary, but I can't seem to locate the post.  

Thanks!

Cork - you will dock in the town of Cobh.  To get to Cork you will need a train (station beside the dock) or a tour.  Distance 30km/about 20 miles.  Currency Euro

You will not be docking in Dublin but will be at anchor in Dublin Bay and tender in to Dun Laoghaire town. Dublin is 15km/10 miles away.  When you get off the tender the local area train station is right in front of you.  Currency is Euro.

4 hours ago, Magiemae41 said:

Was it somewhere in the roll call thread?

15 hours ago, Magiemae41 said:

Thanks!

The post you're looking for wasn't by me - there are several ports that I've not visited.

But can I suggest that you do a search of posts in this forum which mention your ports.

(If you've already done this, my apologies for teaching granny to suck eggs)

Top right on this page is a little "search" box.

Type into that box the name of a port or city.

In the drop-down which will appear, click on "this forum" (avoids being overloaded by roll-call posts etc).

Click on the little spyglass alongside the search box.

Give it a moment or two for the the wizardry  to work, then a page will open up showing all the posts on this forum which mention that port.

Here's the result of my searching "Portland"

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=Portland &quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=148

Instead of Inverness type in "Invergordon" (your port)

Instead of Brussels, type in "Zeebrugge" (your port), and also try "Bruges" (most popular destination). Unless you have a particular reason to go there, Brussels (90 minutes by train from Blankenberge, the nearest station to Zeebrugge) is a pretty boring commercial city, home to the EU bureaucrats.

The only currencies you'll need are GB £ (England, Scotland, Belfast) and € Euros (your other ports, including Cork & Dublin).

JB 🙂

Edited by John Bull