Which dining for a kid-free cruise and gluten free too?

BandBWCsmom

Hello! Just scheduled a last minute Liberty cruise for DH and I in a few weeks while my kids visit their grandparents. We NEVER cruise without the kids!

So, my question is which dining do you recommend when cruising kid-free? We always do early dining so we can eat with the kids and send them off to Camp Ocean. BUT - now we don't have to worry about getting a family of 4 to the cabin and showered, dressed and ready by 5:30 PM for pictures before dinner. 

Is it more fun with My Time? Is the food quality any different? Is it more fun to hang by the pool late afternoon while folks get ready for early dinner? Is there fabulous entertainment I usually miss by being in the 6 PM early dinner?

It appears that the amount of entertainment has shrunk due to staffing shortages and we've not cruised since Covid due to the kids not being vaccinated so we are wondering if we will be disappointed by the lack of entertainment. 

Also, newly gluten intolerant and so I will need to be eating on that menu. I don't know if that influences dinner time suggestions. 

Any reviews about cruising gluten-free would be welcomed. 

TIA

We've done Your Time dining a few times now (with and without kids), and it's been great.  Food is exactly the same as scheduled dining, and they even do the mid-dinner singing/dancing.  Or at least they still did back in February.  

No input about gluten free, but good luck.  It's tough when our bodies decide not to cooperate in some fashion.

Edited by ultrafighter

Whatever dining time you decide, be sure to mark your reservation (I think when you do the online check-in) that you are gluten-free.  Go to the dining room after you board and you will be able to select your meal for that evening.  Every evening after that, they will bring you a menu and you can pre-order for the following day.

Some people suggest that you select fixed-time dining when you have something like that, but I have always had an excellent experience in YTD with a gluten intolerance.  It will be on your profile, so even if you have different servers, they will be aware.

My Time Dining and as Schoifmom says, check gluten free (or call Special needs department).

If you are eating gluten free at home, it's primarily avoiding sauces and breads or things with flour in them.  But lots to chose from and staff is great in assisting.