Power outlets on Quest

@margbem alreayd answered how many. My advice, especially if you're from the US: one of the best accessories to pack is a small multi-outlet extension cord. For under $20, or even under $10, it eliminates the need to unplug and re-plug various power adapters and chargers throughout your trip.

image.thumb.png.1e8815ccb9bd12e755c0e7d243e2cb8f.pngimage.png.81b503315c12db82a69177bd456fd226.pngimage.png.cc1d4324593302b81cb29fab6cbd7e1c.png

One of the best things I ever bought was a European plug/voltage outlet strip that has 6 multi-country outlets and also has 5 USB ports.  I got it on Amazon and it was not that expensive.  It has been invaluable, particularly on long land trips, as it accommodates 2 ipads, 2 iphones, 2 kindles, 2 apple watches, our toothbrush charger, and the battery chargers for my 2 cameras - essentially my entire personal item. For cruise-only vacations, I bring a multi USB port charger and a simpler outlet strip for the camera batteries and anything else that has a plug.

Linda

Thanks  Cruiseej for the information with pics above.  I just bought a version of this on Amazon for about $12.  We just returned from the Quest and the outlets/ports are located in 4 places:  2 USB ports on one side of the bed.  One US plug in the wet bar itself, and one on the floor between the TV and the table.  There is a Euro outlet in the "makeup" area (sitting area with mirror) just outside the bathroom.  There also may be a Euro plug next the the US one in the bar area.  My wife has 3 devices to charge and I have one...this device will work perfectly for her so she does not have to spread her stuff around the room.  Also note, if you have a Euro adapter plug that allows you plug in your US plugs for PC, phones, tablets and the like then you can also use the existing Euro sockets for these.  Do not use them for things like hair dryers however.

71Hf4usOk9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by skiptomylou

...and for folks with multiple devices which use Lightning, USB-C, and mini USB connectors, there's this all-in-one cable (easily findable on Amazon) - I'll be trying it out next time.  One USB plug on the one end, and four separate charging connectors on the other,  with the different connection types.  One might worry that trying to charge 4 devices at once, on one cable, might slow the whole thing down terribly, and I imagine it might, but when we charge our stuff, we generally do so overnight, so speed isn't much of an issue.

71QmL52ItZL._SL1299_.jpg

71ZyFco07LL._SL1009_.jpg

Edited by shark b8
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, skiptomylou said:

We just returned from the Quest and the outlets/ports are located in 4 places:  2 USB ports on one side of the bed.  One US plug in the wet bar itself, and one on the floor between the TV and the table.  There is a Euro outlet in the "makeup" area (sitting area with mirror) just outside the bathroom.  There also may be a Euro plug next the the US one in the bar area. 

Well, that's sure different than what is in my suite right at this moment.

From the door:  There are two outlets at the vanity area - a recessed euro two round plug socket and a north american 2 blade socket.  At the first bedside, there are two USB ports and a recessed euro socket.  No 2-blade. On the other bedside, there is only a single USB port.  At the "bar area", there is a single recessed euro socket.  No 2-blade.  At the floor level by the TV, there is recessed euro socket and a flush euro socket.

@FlyerTalker Your description of the outlets is that there is only a single US outlet in the entire suite, at the vanity? I've been on Odyssey, Sojourn and Quest and have never experienced that in a suite. There was always a US outlet on the floor level of the TV unit. 

On 6/12/2022 at 8:08 AM, cruiseej said:

@FlyerTalker Your description of the outlets is that there is only a single US outlet in the entire suite, at the vanity? I've been on Odyssey, Sojourn and Quest and have never experienced that in a suite. There was always a US outlet on the floor level of the TV unit. 

Upon further inspection, there is a US socket.  In my case, it is almost indistinguishable unless you get within a foot or two.  It has covered openings, so it appears to just be a smudged plate unless you look closely.

My apologies.  However, all my other comments remain.

On 6/11/2022 at 4:32 PM, shark b8 said:

...and for folks with multiple devices which use Lightning, USB-C, and mini USB connectors, there's this all-in-one cable (easily findable on Amazon) - I'll be trying it out next time.  One USB plug on the one end, and four separate charging connectors on the other,  with the different connection types.  One might worry that trying to charge 4 devices at once, on one cable, might slow the whole thing down terribly, and I imagine it might, but when we charge our stuff, we generally do so overnight, so speed isn't much of an issue.

71QmL52ItZL._SL1299_.jpg

71ZyFco07LL._SL1009_.jpg

Great device! So convenient.  We use something similar, but continually try to refine our cord baggage. This device is probably not a smart charger. Meaning each cable when plugged in is not communicating with the device its plugged into asking how much it can handle and delivering that amount.  So it's not so much that there are 4 cables, it's the type of cable. I suspect you're not worried about whether its going to take 30 minutes vs 60 minutes to charge your phone when you're sleeping. 😉