NCL Air Update

KarimaJ

Hi. Figured with all the NCL air promo questions I would give an update on our flights. We have a cruise out of Venice July 31. We selected a 1 day deviation. We just got our flights today and I am pleasantly surprised. Out of Boston, on Delta and Air France. Layovers are only 1.5 hours. 
When I logged into Delta I could pick my seats and also use miles to upgrade to Comfort +. When I went to the Air France website to pick those seats there was no option to upgrade using Delta miles even though they are partners. I had to to use $$. 
So far so good.

• Like 1

Nice you already received your flight info.  We leave for our cruise on July 6th and still haven't received our flights!  Can I ask, did you get the confirmation from the airline or NCL?

24 minutes ago, 1975JEN said:

Nice you already received your flight info.  We leave for our cruise on July 6th and still haven't received our flights!  Can I ask, did you get the confirmation from the airline or NCL?

The email came from Norwegian Cruise Line. I was surprised to get it so early. Maybe you should call?

42 minutes ago, 1975JEN said:

Nice you already received your flight info.  We leave for our cruise on July 6th and still haven't received our flights! 

Yea - boo (no offense to the OP).  My cruise is July 11 and still nothing.

I hate to call because every call just takes more time away from the people working on the reservations.

1 hour ago, tony s said:

Careful with GCD. You have to go through French immigration and lines are long.

Ya my hubby didn’t have a good experience there last time he flew overseas. They were rude and tried making him pay for his carry on even though he just flew with it on his connector.  I’ll make sure to leave extra time.

We got our flight information yesterday for our 7/31 trip on Jade.  We are also out of Boston deviating 2 days.  We fly Boston to Rome and Rome to Athens on ITA and then home nonstop on Delta.  ITA may not be the greatest.  Website stinks and won't recognize my record locator but I was able to go in through Air France's website and add our TSA numbers.  Delta was easy.  So we have seats together on the way home and as of right now nothing on the way there but I am working on it.  Called NCL and they could not help.  

So for those of you with 2-day deviations heading to Europe from USA, how does that timing work out? 

I assume if the ship has a PM Thursday departure in Europe, a "normal" (no deviation at all) flight from USA would be Wednesday departure arriving on Thursday.....so a 1-day deviation is Tuesday departure and 2-day deviation is a Monday departure....is that how it works? 

7 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

So for those of you with 2-day deviations heading to Europe from USA, how does that timing work out? 

I assume if the ship has a PM Thursday departure in Europe, a "normal" (no deviation at all) flight from USA would be Wednesday departure arriving on Thursday.....so a 1-day deviation is Tuesday departure and 2-day deviation is a Monday departure....is that how it works? 

Likely but not always.  With a day-of arrival, they have to get you to your destination in time to get to the port and to the ship, so often a morning (sometimes early) arrival.  With a deviation, they don't have the same restriction on arrival time so you could arrive anytime early morning to late evening, which would also affect when you leave.

• Like 1

Yeah, we're cruising out of Reykjavik on July 25th (two day deviation) and got our flights email yesterday (still not on the trip summary page though).  Checked bags included, and I was able to select my seats on the Icelandair site.

Direct flights.

7 hours ago, pghflyer said:

Yes that it how it worked for me.  Got my flight info today.  Flying out late Monday night arriving Tuesday morning for a Thursday cruise (2 day deviation).   I was able to go on to the Icelandair website and upgrade/choose my seats as well.

• Like 1

My cruise is on Sunday, we took a 1 day deviation. Our flight leaves at 7:00pm Friday and we arrive at 10:30am Saturday. This is good since we planned to walk around Venice the day of arrival. 
We paid 9,900 Delta miles each to upgrade to Comfort + seats. We had to pay $45 each on the return Air France flight for upgraded seats. No option to use miles.

• Like 1