Dessert Le Petit Chef

dgoz

All of the desserts on the Le Petit Chef menus seem kind of lame (especially for the price of the experience). I know it is possible to pick a dessert off the alternate menu, but has anyone tried to get one of the MDR desserts instead?

7 minutes ago, dgoz said:

All of the desserts on the Le Petit Chef menus seem kind of lame (especially for the price of the experience). I know it is possible to pick a dessert off the alternate menu, but has anyone tried to get one of the MDR desserts instead?

I never asked, posting to let you know if it's a "no" you can call room service during MDR dinner hours and have MDR items including desserts delivered for free

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ladylemondrop said:

Don’t let the dessert choice put you off, this was a really fun experience and worth giving a try! We enjoyed it so much more than we thought we would. 

We had it as a comped dinner, and I really wouldn’t pay $110/plus tip for this. Having been once I wouldn’t go back, where I’ve never felt that way about the others. 

2 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

When desserts in the MDR don’t entice me, I stop by Cafe al Bacio😉.

I don't like many of the desserts in MDR except for creme Brule but can't eat it every night. I usually opt for Cafe el bacio as well. 

10 minutes ago, ORV said:

We had it as a comped dinner, and I really wouldn’t pay $110/plus tip for this. Having been once I wouldn’t go back, where I’ve never felt that way about the others. 

I have met quite a few people who have been to le petit chef and all say one and done.  

• Like 1

I’m a big fan of Le Petit Chef and on long cruises have done it Twice.

they have 3 different Videos and they change them every few days.

I’m fascinated by the technology and the storyline and the humor.

As an added treat on most sailings there is a night where Both Lobster And Filet are served together so inquire before booking if that’s something you find tasty.

the price is discounted if you book Precruise for a multi night dining package.

I have to say, before going, the desserts didn't seem very impressive.  We saw Le Petit Chef with the Extraordinaire Menu.  (Ordered between that and the alternate menu)  For dessert, it was either the sundae or sorbet.  After eating the meal, we were all full so the dessert choices were fine. I had the sorbet which was mango and it was a perfect way to end the meal, nice and light.

We did enjoy the food and show. 

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 1

The dessert was nothing interesting but I recall it being themed to the animation.  Our toddler loved it.  If you're traveling with a child you go for watching the experience that they'll have.  The child price was substantially lower than the adult one on our cruise.  Presumably it's comparable with anything that a child could experience on a Disney cruise.  And when we factored in that the OBC is essentially to use for these types of experiences and allocate space then you can try not to think of it as a paid version of the same meal you'd have somewhere else on the ship. Considering they're serving the same food for everyone, at the same time, it didn't seem as if any of the dishes were being cooked to order. If you Google the concept it turns out it's available at some resorts across the world and not just Celebrity.  Also agree, one and done unless you have a child who really wants to return.  

On 6/8/2022 at 11:23 AM, dgoz said:

after 6 cruises with Celebrity, we finally tried Le Petit Chef in November.  the whole menu was definitely not up to par with the other specialty dining options available. very little flavor and just Meh.  and when they brought me my sad, cold brownie, toped with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, I could have cared less.  the only saving grace was the incredible Sommlier who suggested the wine pairing.  yes it was not included in the Premium Beverage package, but it was the only thing that made that dinner palatable. one and Done, never looking back.

1 hour ago, lnuzzo said:

after 6 cruises with Celebrity, we finally tried Le Petit Chef in November.  the whole menu was definitely not up to par with the other specialty dining options available. very little flavor and just Meh.  and when they brought me my sad, cold brownie, toped with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream, I could have cared less.  the only saving grace was the incredible Sommlier who suggested the wine pairing.  yes it was not included in the Premium Beverage package, but it was the only thing that made that dinner palatable. one and Done, never looking back.

Never had any interest in Le Petit Chef. Anyone I've spoken to who've done it never had much to say.  One couple from our table in MDR said they would have rather had dinner with the rest of our table that night. 

• Like 1