Entertainment

Rob87

Hey all

I'm going on a 14 night cruise in  month  after having our cruise cancelled earlier in the year and was wondering what entertainment to expect on board as we’ve never done Cunard before, just Royal Caribbean. 

I know there will be loads of entertainment to keep us occupied if we want to (quizzes etc) however what types of entertainment am I likely to get on board from your experiences? The website has dancing, cabaret, music and shows but its all very vague and being somewhat of a planner id like to know some of the types of experiences to expect so i can plan my days and nights as soon as i get on board. 

Will the show be the same show for the whole 2 weeks or do they have a couple of them?  I don't want to rush to go to the show if it will be the same for two weeks. 

Being a gay couple in our mid 30’s we aren't the usual clientele age off the bat but we’re (or more specifically me) old souls who like big band, jazz, board games etc. 

1 hour ago, Rob87 said:

Being a gay couple in our mid 30’s we aren't the usual clientele age off the bat but we’re (or more specifically me) old souls who like big band, jazz, board games etc. 

There are normally a fair few members of the LBGTQ+ community on board, and there is a meet up organised every evening in the Commodore Club, usually at 5pm.  Normally attended by a wide age range, from people in their 20s upwards.

1 hour ago, Rob87 said:

Hey all

I'm going on a 14 night cruise in  month  after having our cruise cancelled earlier in the year and was wondering what entertainment to expect on board as we’ve never done Cunard before, just Royal Caribbean. 

I know there will be loads of entertainment to keep us occupied if we want to (quizzes etc) however what types of entertainment am I likely to get on board from your experiences? The website has dancing, cabaret, music and shows but its all very vague and being somewhat of a planner id like to know some of the types of experiences to expect so i can plan my days and nights as soon as i get on board. 

Will the show be the same show for the whole 2 weeks or do they have a couple of them?  I don't want to rush to go to the show if it will be the same for two weeks. 

A bit of shameless self publication, but, have a look at my blog - I've posted scans of the daily programme there.

Here - https://blog.rakkor.uk/blog/daily-programme/

I may even get around to scanning our March Norway cruise one soon

Out of interest, which cruise ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rakkor said:

A bit of shameless self publication, but, have a look at my blog - I've posted scans of the daily programme there.

Here - https://blog.rakkor.uk/blog/daily-programme/

I may even get around to scanning our March Norway cruise one soon

Out of interest, which cruise ?

Thanks. Its the iceland and fjords cruise departing 10th july

There's so much entertainment, including a DIFFERENT show every night, that you won't have enough time to do everything you want.

I've always said, that if you want to get bored, you'll have to work hard at it.

4 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

There's so much entertainment, including a DIFFERENT show every night, that you won't have enough time to do everything you want.

I've always said, that if you want to get bored, you'll have to work hard at it.

Oh, I'm sure we wont be bored as i always find something to do. Im glad its a different show every night as I've been on cruises before where it was one show all week and it was a shame. 

I usually get up early and go to Pavilion for wi-fi, sunrise photos and weather screen while my wife sleeps a bit longer.

Breakfast after 8. Gym, walk, run or pool until coffee time.

Prepare for and go to lunch.

Short Siesta to ensure we last night.

Afternoon coffee.

Prepare for dinner.

Take aperitifs in lounges. + Photos of wife's stunning outfits.

Dinner.

Several hours of dancing.

Lounge for nightcap.

Few hours sleep.

Start again.

Is there a theatre and all sorts of other things on the Queen Mary 2? I don't know. I've no time to look!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1