Masks required when indoors?

Ray4Fun

It depends on the particular ship/cruise. We sailed to Alaska on the Noordam on May 15 and masks were required. We sailed back on the Nieuw Amsterdam on May 29 and they were only recommended.

• Like 1

On Eurodam now, it is suggested that guest wear masks. Very few guests are doing so.On shore excursions information, it says take ID and Covid card.  No one has asked to see Covid card.  Also, all excursions are on your smart phone.  Very strict about your ArriveCAN information and then filling out another form.

Jo

• Like 1

Received email from HAL informing us due to covid cases surge in Alaska, our 6/26/22 Nieuw Amsterdam Whittier to Vancouver cruise requires mask indoor except eating and drinking.  Outdoor mask is strongly recommended.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shuyak said:

Received email from HAL informing us due to covid cases surge in Alaska, our 6/26/22 Nieuw Amsterdam Whittier to Vancouver cruise requires mask indoor except eating and drinking.  Outdoor mask is strongly recommended.

Just received the same email regarding our 6.26/22 cruise on the Noordam.

They were only recommended on Nieuw Amsterdam on 29 May Alaska southbound. My estimation was about 30% did indoors. I only really know of one likely case because we happened to walk by a steward talking to a guest, asking how her husband was doing, with her saying he was feeling better and that she'd be able to see him when we got to Vancouver.

There was the couple a few seats behind us on the White Pass that were constantly coughing, sneezing, and blowing/wiping their noses without wearing masks....

12 minutes ago, Tiger2112 said:

There was the couple a few seats behind us on the White Pass that were constantly coughing, sneezing, and blowing/wiping their noses without wearing masks....

In the same email we received, "Masks are also required on all cruise line- sponsored transportation, such as motorcoaches and rail." 

Think this would apply to all HAL provided transportation for cruisetour.

We were also aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam on the May 29th sailing from Whittier.  Masks were suggested for all indoor functions onboard.  Many people completely disregarded the suggestion.  There were cases of Covid onboard, not sure how many.  I do know that many people staying at McKinley Chalet did not mask up either.  When we were tested at the lodge before leaving on the train south, 10% of those tested were positive and could not continue their trip. There were a number of empty seats in our train car.  The ship was less than half full, so social distancing was not a problem.  Covid is not over, and if you want to complete your trip, wear your mask in confined situations.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, P&PNH said:

We were also aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam on the May 29th sailing from Whittier.  Masks were suggested for all indoor functions onboard.  Many people completely disregarded the suggestion.  There were cases of Covid onboard, not sure how many.

We were on the same cruise. I noticed that the fire doors on Deck 6 forward of the forward elevators were closed, with signs "No entry" or something similar. I looked down one passageway and saw the stools in the hallway, as we have seen in isolation areas of previous cruises this year. 

We also received the email where masks are required indoors with the exception of eating and drinking. Also required on all HAL transportation, such as motor coaches and rail. They also “strongly recommend” that they are worn when on shore. 
Looks to me like positive cases are on the rise, and they are trying for some mitigation. It would be interesting to know the statistics for those on land tours ore-cruise who were not allowed to sail because of a positive test.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, grammi said:

Received this morning. 

643E759D-0FE1-4822-A84A-1E27B302D1C3.jpeg

I leave next Saturday on the Eurodam (and then the next week on the Westerdam) and I have not received an email.  It seems like it is just the ones leaving out of Vancouver?????

• Like 1

Just received the "masks required indoors...." email.  I am booked on the mid-August southbound sailing Whittier to Vancouver.  Not what I wanted to hear.  I know many people wish they would maintain masks required, but I have a feeling the vast majority are done with COVID.