Is cruise sold out?

lbfluffy

Looking at Discovery on June 19th to find out what cabins are still available. It says currently unavailable. We are going on this cruise. We are not assigned a cabin yet. I was just curious what was open. Are the ships sailing at full capacity now?

Yes, likely the cruise is sold out.  Not all cruises are at capacity, but if they can fill the ship they do.  We cruised recently on Caribbean Princess and our cruise was sold out as was the following cruise.

11 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

Looking at Discovery on June 19th to find out what cabins are still available. It says currently unavailable. We are going on this cruise. We are not assigned a cabin yet. I was just curious what was open. Are the ships sailing at full capacity now?

The website is not a reliable measure this close to sailing date, when they often block bookings.  And "sold out"  does not mean "at capacity" right now as they seem to be blocking off large portions of one or more decks for quarantine cabins.

• Like 1

When ‘currently unavailable’ shows up on a specific cruise most likely is the back office is doing ‘cabin shuffle’ in order to assign guaranteed cabins before sailing.  The longer it’s lock up ,  the fuller the ship is.

From time to time you may see it opens back up for a few hours or a day  when a cabin is released from courtesy hold. As soon as someone grabs open cabin, the cruise may go back to ‘currently unavailable’

You can check other websites to see if available cabins can be found. 

Checked multiple cruise websites and Princess. Both June 26th and June 12th(until yesterday) were available at very discounted prices. My daughter has had her guaranteed cabin assignment for 3 weeks. I'm afraid this cruise will be very full. After sailing with 36o passengers on Freedom of the seas and 33% on the Eurodam, I think this will feel very crowed to us. Luckily, we have a large balcony!

8 hours ago, Platonic said:

My cruise in 18 days time said not available yesterday.  Today cabins are available.  Probably an Internet glitch..

People cancel.  TAs release cabins (some not until  7 days before cruise) and lines block cabins for quarantine 

Sometimes it's a glitch, while they update servers and capacity, and the same is true of pricing, which takes into account cookies, whether you're signed into your account or not. For instance, I scored a ridiculous $70 for an inside solo coastal in April, but when I signed into my account it showed as much more. Trying different sites might show it available, or you might wait until the next day, or use a different browser. I know I'm still seeing very low inside solo prices for the Crown and Discovery until July, and the only one not showing availability is the Crown on July 2. Regardless, count on insane airfare and Seattle hotel prices and limited excursion availability--I use cruisedig to see how many ships are going to be in a port on a certain day, and when I was in Juneau and Ketchikan 10 days ago, they had 8000-10,000 potential passengers in each city, so I made sure to catch a van to Mendenhall and walk Creek St before the bigger ships arrived in port.