Suite amenities in Aft Penthouse on the Dawn

eurodolphin

Hi everyone, we will be on the Dawn on July 28th. As I kept finding vague, conflicting information about the suite amenities in a deck 9 Aft Penthouse Cat SN, I decided to try to chat online with Service Desk  (I was put through by someone I was chatting with to finalize my booking).

A very friendly lady called Silvia and I asked her what exactly would be included if staying in one of these suites on the Dawn in July/August.

She immediately told me that a 24h butler,and concierge, breakfast and lunch at Moderno's are still included, as are all the other perks like priorty embarkation, upgraded bedding and robes etc (I have the full list if you want 😉

I hope this helps to clarify, at least for the Dawn.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, eurodolphin said:

Hi everyone, we will be on the Dawn on July 28th. As I kept finding vague, conflicting information about the suite amenities in a deck 9 Aft Penthouse Cat SN, I decided to try to chat online with Service Desk  (I was put through by someone I was chatting with to finalize my booking).

A very friendly lady called Silvia and I asked her what exactly would be included if staying in one of these suites on the Dawn in July/August.

She immediately told me that a 24h butler,and concierge, breakfast and lunch at Moderno's are still included, as are all the other perks like priorty embarkation, upgraded bedding and robes etc (I have the full list if you want 😉

I hope this helps to clarify, at least for the Dawn.

I didn’t realise that any clarity was required. The only issues with non haven suites are on the Joy.

Anyway, congratulations on getting a correct answer from NCL staff. 🙂

On the boards here I read that some people were wondering about this also when wanting to sail on the Jewel or other ships. That's why I thought I'd put NCL's answer here.

And yes I was surprised myself about the quick and straightforward answer I got! all is not lost 😉

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

I didn’t realise that any clarity was required. The only issues with non haven suites are on the Joy.

Unfortunately, that’s not true, thanks to some vague wording on NCL’s booking pages regarding certain specific non-Haven suites (the SN category) on the Jewel-class ships. This is discussed in the thread linked below; see for example comment 55. 

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Unfortunately, that’s not true, thanks to some vague wording on NCL’s booking pages regarding certain specific non-Haven suites (the SN category) on the Jewel-class ships. This is discussed in the thread linked below; see for example comment 55. 

Interesting. I had totally missed that discussion. From a brief review it seems it is just talking about butler & concierge service and nothing has actually changed yet, is that correct?

I just checked the Dawn descriptions and all of the suites state butler & concierge is included, so this doesn't seem to be an issue with the Dawn. If it just Jewel Class?

I have to say, of all the suite perks those are the two I could easiest do without. I've just upgraded to an Aft Penthouse on the Dawn. If I now found that it didn't include Breakfast in Moderno I would be disappointed. No Butler and Concierge wouldn't bother me one little bit.

Hello, Actually, I am booked on Dawn (never been) Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony (SM). The info from NCL references the butler and concierge. Although I am not clear on what any other suite perks are?  I sailed on a similar Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony (SM) but it was a Haven.  So I would be really grateful for some clarification on what to expect.  This ship doesn't have a Haven.  I am REALLY hoping for preferred boarding process?  Any info  you can provide is helpful.  Thank you so much!

2 hours ago, girlie3723 said:

Hello, Actually, I am booked on Dawn (never been) Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony (SM). The info from NCL references the butler and concierge. Although I am not clear on what any other suite perks are?  I sailed on a similar Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony (SM) but it was a Haven.  So I would be really grateful for some clarification on what to expect.  This ship doesn't have a Haven.  I am REALLY hoping for preferred boarding process?  Any info  you can provide is helpful.  Thank you so much!

The perks are basically the same. You just don’t have the Haven area (so also no bar/restaurant). Breakfast and lunch are provided in Moderno/Cagneys but there is no suite dinner service. Other than that you get all the usual suite perks).

10 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

I believe the Dawn is different simply because there is no Haven and no Haven cabins (unless that has changed???), so hopefully they won't be curtailing suite amenities on that ship.

Correct there is no Haven. There is still the option for them to scale down some benefits based on the room type (Ie owners suite gets things that the penthouse doesn’t).