Suites: Dedicated attendant and priority tender?

What does a dedicated suite attendant do vs a room steward vs the concierge? Are there things they are able to provide that I wouldn't even know to ask for?  How effective is priority tender/early disembark at the various ports.  Thanks in advance for any insight. 

30 minutes ago, ladycody@gmail.com said:

What does a dedicated suite attendant do vs a room steward vs the concierge? Are there things they are able to provide that I wouldn't even know to ask for?  How effective is priority tender/early disembark at the various ports.  Thanks in advance for any insight. 

What ship are you sailing?  Suite benefits are very different if you are sailing a ship with Royal Suite Class.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ladycody@gmail.com said:

What does a dedicated suite attendant do vs a room steward vs the concierge? Are there things they are able to provide that I wouldn't even know to ask for?

I'd suggest it's just marketing to make the suite guests feel special.  I've seen our "dedicated" attendant taking care of non-suite rooms in the area.  (And probably bringing germs from the hoi polloi into our room.)  You can always ask the attendant for things you need.  They're usually quick to let you know if they can be provided.  Obviously if you sailing with a Genie they are more responsive to your needs.

46 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

How effective is priority tender/early disembark at the various ports.

It's nice when you need it, but I find that there are fewer ports that are tender ports AND it's only really important if you need to get off the ship (say for a private tour) when it first arrives.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I'd suggest it's just marketing to make the suite guests feel special.  I've seen our "dedicated" attendant taking care of non-suite rooms in the area.  (And probably bringing germs from the hoi polloi into our room.)  You can always ask the attendant for things you need.  They're usually quick to let you know if they can be provided.  Obviously if you sailing with a Genie they are more responsive to your needs.

It's nice when you need it, but I find that there are fewer ports that are tender ports AND it's only really important if you need to get off the ship (say for a private tour) when it first arrives.

Not sure why you changed your quote to have me saying something I didn't say.  

Your cabin attendant is basically the same as a non-suite attendant.  I have found that suite cabins do get a little extra attention.  I ask for 2 ice buckets to help with icing my very arthritic knee and I want a paper copy of the compass.  It gets done in a suite.  There might be pushback in a regular cabin.  The concierge helps with errant charges or reservation issues.  It saves you from standing in the GS line.  They are not your personal assistant and have many others to take care of.  I really enjoyed our recent Mariner suite experience. Just so relaxing.  It can be hectic on Oasis class ships.  

• Thanks 1

Our recent experience on Independence it sure felt like our attendant was dedicated, even though he likely was taking care of other suites.  He was always there to tidy up and did things like find our luggage and place it inside our cabin.  We were in an Owners and our 3 children were in a balcony that had a 3rd birth over the top of the head of the bed.  Our son decided to sleep in the Owner's Suite with us and the attendant quickly made the couch up with a pillow top for him (we tipped him well for the third person and left tips in place for the balcony room).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1