NCL Platinum Discounts

PennyHusted

We are Platinum level and I am wondering. When booking excursions we are entitled to a 10% shore excursion discount, do I have to request that on the ship? We have already booked them but I don’t see the discount. Thanks

When you book an excursion online, if the excursion price is $90, when you add to the cart the price will be $81 (after 10% off). If you have $50 excursion credit (through free at sea promo), then you pay $31 at checkout. The 10% discount and $50 off should be applied automatically. I’ve done this during my past couple cruises without any issue. If the excursion price is $55, then you pay nothing after 10% off and $50 credit. 

14 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

No.  You will pay $4.50.

I always thought the 10% discount is applied to the full price first to maximize the benefit to the customers. I guess I was wrong. 

27 minutes ago, dhanakorn said:

When you book an excursion online, if the excursion price is $90, when you add to the cart the price will be $81 (after 10% off). If you have $50 excursion credit (through free at sea promo), then you pay $31 at checkout. The 10% discount and $50 off should be applied automatically. I’ve done this during my past couple cruises without any issue. If the excursion price is $55, then you pay nothing after 10% off and $50 credit. 

The above calculation is wrong. The 10% discount is applied after the $50 off promo. If the excursion price is $90, then you’ll pay $36. And if the excursion price is $55, then you’ll pay $4.50

14 minutes ago, dhanakorn said:

I always thought the 10% discount is applied to the full price first to maximize the benefit to the customers. I guess I was wrong. 

It can be confusing (especially when they cancel an excursion and apply funds back to your onboard account).  At the end of the day, it beats paying full price.  Sure the excursions are expensive, but at least this makes them a bit less expensive. 😎

7 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

They take the $50 off the first passenger on the reservation and then apply the 10% discount to the reduced amount.  The second passenger is just 10% off the list price.

For the OP,  Passenger #2 gets 10% off. 

Discounts are applied based on the passenger's tier status (for those whose tier status does not match their traveling companion). 

32 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

For the OP,  Passenger #2 gets 10% off. 

Discounts are applied based on the passenger's tier status (for those whose tier status does not match their traveling companion). 

Isn't that exactly what I posted (in this thread asking about platinum discounts)?

• Haha 1