Serenade of the Sea from Vancouver May 29th to June 5th TESTING + on board

Hi, sorry to hear you got Covid on cruise.

I can’t answer your question but just wondering how the cruise was and how far long into cruise did you get Covid?

i am boarding this same cruise soon and just wondering how your experience was, overall considering you got Covid.   In Canada where did you stay…did RC help you find lodging?

I do hope you are better.

Sincerely 

Orange jeep 

We too got Covid on day 5 of this cruise. I sent an email to the reimbursement team and I got a response that they would contact me in a few days or to call a provided number if it was an emergency.

On board, they gave us internet, which was extremely slow, and told us to find our own quarantine hotel. I couldn't find any hotels that had room service in Vancouver that were under the $250 USD per day reimbursement so we'll either have to fight with them or have this extra expense.  I'll follow up here once reimbursement contacts me.

Orange jeep, as long as COVID is around, I will never sail out of a non-US port. The 10 day quarantine was brutal. Canada Border Services did check up on us during our quarantine. If it had been a US port, I would have just driven home.

I will tell you now that I did hear of dozens and dozens of folks testing positive in the Vancouver airport after debarking Radiance. Is it really a 10 day quarantine?? Theres no freaking way I would get stuck for 10 days! 

Take covid tests with you. If you feel compelled to get tested, take one of the ones you brought. If you test positive, go make a rental car and hotel reservation across the border. Then if you really feel compelled to get tested by the ship's staff, you'll should be allowed to get your rental car and drive across the border.

Edited by smokeybandit

On 6/13/2022 at 4:46 PM, Orange jeep said:

Hi, sorry to hear you got Covid on cruise.

I can’t answer your question but just wondering how the cruise was and how far long into cruise did you get Covid?

i am boarding this same cruise soon and just wondering how your experience was, overall considering you got Covid.   In Canada where did you stay…did RC help you find lodging?

I do hope you are better.

Sincerely 

Orange jeep 

The cruise itself was AWESOME- I am a solo cruiser and I book everything myself. I stayed at Canada Place. 

On 6/17/2022 at 8:19 PM, smokeybandit said:

Take covid tests with you. If you feel compelled to get tested, take one of the ones you brought. If you test positive, go make a rental car and hotel reservation across the border. Then if you really feel compelled to get tested by the ship's staff, you'll should be allowed to get your rental car and drive across the border.

I called every Rental place in Vancouver and none had "one way rentals."

On 6/17/2022 at 5:36 PM, BeachBum0 said:

We too got Covid on day 5 of this cruise. I sent an email to the reimbursement team and I got a response that they would contact me in a few days or to call a provided number if it was an emergency.

On board, they gave us internet, which was extremely slow, and told us to find our own quarantine hotel. I couldn't find any hotels that had room service in Vancouver that were under the $250 USD per day reimbursement so we'll either have to fight with them or have this extra expense.  I'll follow up here once reimbursement contacts me.

Orange jeep, as long as COVID is around, I will never sail out of a non-US port. The 10 day quarantine was brutal. Canada Border Services did check up on us during our quarantine. If it had been a US port, I would have just driven home.

I can not get answers from anyone , nor have I been able to speak with anyone from RC about the reimbursement process.

We were on this cruise. My brother was doing back to back and tested positive on day 3  of second week after we left and was sent to quarantine and has to deal with the same issues. He had travel insurance to pick up the difference between what Royal pays on the hotel.  That said he talked to a guy in quarantine next to him.  That guy was able to rent a uhaul van one way to Seattle to escape Canada with his wife.   Apparently they will let you go it you drive straight to the border.  No public transportation allowed. 

All of that said I thought Royal treated him well except for poor communication on what do do when he leaves the ship.