Do the pullman beds fold into the wall or ceiling or do they stick out still when folded away? Voyager of the Seas?

Hi,  I requested inside room for two.  The agent booked us in a 3 person room. Says the couch folds out but the cabin mapper describes a pullman. Doesn't say if from wall or ceiling.  If it sticks out I want a room for two not 3.  We don't need it and I want the precious little space.

The room is 7233.  Thanks in advance.

15 minutes ago, SouthernMainer said:

Hi,  I requested inside room for two.  The agent booked us in a 3 person room. Says the couch folds out but the cabin mapper describes a pullman. Doesn't say if from wall or ceiling.  If it sticks out I want a room for two not 3.  We don't need it and I want the precious little space.

The room is 7233.  Thanks in advance.

Pullmans pull out of the ceiling. A fold out couch looks like any other couch unless it is folded out, and they will only fold it out if they need to for a third person. 3 person rooms tend to be more expensive than a two person room of the same type however.

5 minutes ago, Spunky946 said:

Usually comes down from the ceilings but isn’t in the way unless it’s opened up.

And they only open it up when they prep the room for sleeping in the evening.

DSC00492.JPG

Edited by orville99

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

And they only open it up when they prep the room for sleeping in the evening.

DSC00492.JPG

Interesting, over last 23 yrs always left ours open on multiple Classes of Royal Ships. Never asked they just did. It worked out well when my Kids and now Grand rest or read during day, This just happened on Jewel with my 12yr old Grand Daughter using it over her Parents bed.  

9 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Interesting, over last 23 yrs always left ours open on multiple Classes of Royal Ships. Never asked they just did. It worked out well when my Kids and now Grand rest or read during day, This just happened on Jewel with my 12yr old Grand Daughter using it over her Parents bed.  

9 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

I've slept in a Pullman bed on three separate cruises and I think there was only a single on one trip that they didn't put it back up. Although this was a cabin with three adults.

Our experience may differ, but whenever we have been in a cabin with a Pullman, it has always been put back up into the ceiling during the day. If it isn't, all you need to do is ask the steward to do that when they make up the room in the morning.

59 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Our experience may differ, but whenever we have been in a cabin with a Pullman, it has always been put back up into the ceiling during the day. If it isn't, all you need to do is ask the steward to do that when they make up the room in the morning.

No problem was just curious why it's done either way without our input. Royal has never been known to be 😁  

22 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

No problem was just curious why it's done either way without our input. Royal has never been known to be 😁  

In my experience, the steward put it up when we left for the morning and down while we were at dinner, without asking us (which was totally fine).

As a side note, I am super excited to be going my first cruise in December where I don't have sleep in a Pullman bed.  I took my parents on our first cruise and couldn't justify the price of a separate solo cabin, and then for the next two I convinced myself it was totally fine to be in my mid-30s sleeping suspended from the ceiling on a cruise I paid for.

Pullmans are totally fine, but a solo trip in a cabin all to myself sounds palatial by contrast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

Or having to climb that funky steel ladder😵

DSC00493.JPG

First Cabin's had with my 3 Kids were Ocean View and set up as 2 Bunk Beds with 2 Pullmans and Main Bed split up. Worked well for us me a Single Parent raising 3 Youngsters. Funny thing is when I was 6-8yrs old I fell out Top Bunk at least twice, my Parents heard the Thump as I hit the Wood Floor. They'd come in my room see me still sleeping any lift me back into my bed

Edited by ONECRUISER