Help with ArriveCAN App - Leaving Sunday 6/19 boarding same day

Okay,

I created an ArriveCAN App for my flight into Canada and received my QR code.

I leave Sunday 6/19 to fly into Canada and get on cruise ship same day 6/19 (trip starts and ends in Vancouver 6-19 thru 6-26)

i am trying to create a new form on ArriveCan to submit for the cruise ship information but can’t seem to do another form for cruise ship,  

how do I create or submit another form?

I thought I could do now (at home while I have WI-FI) before I board ship, do I have to wait til I land?  Or do I download app on husbands phone and create another account to meet Arrivecan cruise ship info?

Thanks,

after you land, and clear customs/immigration you can do the next one.  Doing the second one is super easy, since it is all the same info loaded.  Might take 5 minutes or less to complete. 

So you know, you need it to "enter" Canada and so anytime, someone "official" from Canada wants to see it, you need it.  RCCL did not ask or care about it, since you are already in Canada.  They only want to see your covid test, and vaccine card. But I still would take a few minutes after you land, and exit the airport to do it, just in case.  It's free, and super fast

Edited by Joseph2017China

Thank you very much for replying.

Joseph - So after you left airport and arrived in Canada Place Terminal to board the ship…..no one asked you to see the second Arrivecan QR code?

I will still do the Arrivecan with cruise ship details, just wondering.

16 hours ago, Orange jeep said:

Thank you very much for replying.

Joseph - So after you left airport and arrived in Canada Place Terminal to board the ship…..no one asked you to see the second Arrivecan QR code?

I will still do the Arrivecan with cruise ship details, just wondering.

That is correct, the cruise line did not ask us.  But I really think it is some sort of gray area.  You are supposed to have it, but you are in Canada already, and the first port stop, and all port stops are in Alaska.  So Arrive Can is for arriving in Canada, not exiting.  

It was funny, because at the airport, immigration took the passport, and looked at Covid Card, but never arrive can, and not once was I ever asked to show it. It's free, I know, and it really takes no time to use, but I just thought it was another government rule (Canada).  

When I got on my first flight, in a very small airport, they asked me for my passport and checked to make sure I had a covid card, and I told them I also have arrive can, and they said, good, you are prepared.  Never did look at it. 

But I would not risk not doing it.......no reason not to. 

Supposedly the ArriveCan is linked to your passport, so when they bring up your passport going into Canada they can see that you filled it out.  Second (ship) entry I believe covers the sail and return to Vancouver.  As indicated above, leaving the country by ship shouldn't matter.  I believe they are looking at the re-entry for entry by ship.

We have a slightly different problem.  Fly in.  Sail up one way.  Then sail back.  I THINK we need to do the ArriveCan for the second return trip within 72 hours of boarding the ship in Seward to sail back.  But also possible it needs to be done while on the second cruise.  Not a big issue - they will tell us on the ship when we do the B2B meeting.

22 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

It was funny, because at the airport, immigration took the passport, and looked at Covid Card, but never arrive can, and not once was I ever asked to show it. It's free, I know, and it really takes no time to use, but I just thought it was another government rule (Canada).  

When CBSA swipes your passport,  the trip info you entered on the ArriveCAN app shows up on their monitor - no need to show your phone