Category change on line?

sadiwest

Booked a 2024 cruise and had a cabin category change of heart.  Is this doable on their website or must I try to sneak a call while waiting on hold for all eternity?

It's a surprise and dd is home for the summer (and up my...).

1.  No, you cannot change category or cabin for an existing reservation using the NCL website.  Call NCL.

2.  No, you cannot cancel an existing reservation using the website.  Call NCL if you wish to cancel. 

3.  Since the cruise is not until 2024, which is well before final payment is due, you can call NCL to change the cruise with no penalties.  This assumes this cruise was booked in the USA.  Some other countries may have different rules. 

4.  There should be no need to cancel and rebook.  Just call them and tell them what you want.  They will, however, reprice it based on the new cabin rate AND if the terms of related promotions have changed since you booked, you will now be receiving the new terms.  Perks may be different. 

5.  Any agent from NCL SHOULD be able to make the change for you.  If they can’t, they aren’t properly trained.  If you can get a Personal Cruise Consultant (PCC) assigned to you, you may find them helpful.  But there are bad PCC’s just like there are bad agents. 

6.   If you booked using a travel agent, you need to call them rather than NCL to make these changes. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Debifluff said:

And don't rebook online... Get a PCC!!!!  It makes life so much easier when you need to contact them.

Truth is I "had" one, but swore off NCL for a while because of a situation that...well...it was a future cruise credit and,  they weren't wrong but we had extenuating circumstances. 

Anyway,  we're going back, mostly because they are the only game in town with 2024 Alaska sailings currently available.   They've won our business a few times that way but I lost track of my PCC.