Ship activities when lots of sea days in a row?

Coarsegold_Mom

My husband and I have cruised quite a bit but we have always had port intensive cruises that only have 2 or 3 sea days spaced throughout.  We are considering a cruise that 7 sea days and 5 of those are in a row.  I am not worried about myself, I love to read and play Mah Jongg but I am worried that my husband may get bored.  He would go to the gym and spa every day.  What extra events are planned on the cruise ships when there are so many sea days in row?  Looking for advice from the well seasoned cruisers 🙂

Thank You!

7 minutes ago, Coarsegold_Mom said:

My husband and I have cruised quite a bit but we have always had port intensive cruises that only have 2 or 3 sea days spaced throughout.  We are considering a cruise that 7 sea days and 5 of those are in a row.  I am not worried about myself, I love to read and play Mah Jongg but I am worried that my husband may get bored.  He would go to the gym and spa every day.  What extra events are planned on the cruise ships when there are so many sea days in row?  Looking for advice from the well seasoned cruisers 🙂

Thank You!

We are not exactly "seasoned cruisers," but we did just take our first transatlantic on the Apex last month.  There are a million things to do (this is Tom writing, so giving you the husband's perspective).  There are golf putting and bocce tournaments, entertainment during both the day and night, enrichment lectures (we had two enrichment speakers onboard, and they never repeated the same speech), language lessons, talks about upcoming port stops, "behind the scenes" tours, Apex exposed art tours, art auctions, "game shows," wine tastings, somebody on your roll call will probably organize a slot pull tournament, or LCR games, etc.

Tom & Judy

43 minutes ago, Coarsegold_Mom said:

Thank You!

We are regulars on the Transatlantic and just love the sea days. So many choices you will be wanting extra days to fit everything in.

On our recent Panama Canal cruise, they had afternoon lectures, the captain gave a talk on navigation, a comedy bit with the captain and cruise director, and 2-3 days where the entertainment staff, including guest entertainers, put on shows.  I think there was something in the theater every sea day afternoon, and some mornings.

We are avid cruisers and never found any lack of things to do.   The ship Activities team have multiple things going on for every hourly slot of the day from early morning group jogs, to paper airplane competitions off the balconies into the foyer.  

You can also just do all the things you enjoy doing like taking a nap, reading, working out, visiting the salon etc.   It  can also be a perfect time to spend so special time with the person you love away from the hustle and bustle of real world. 

I would also say that we have sailed with friends that need someone else to always have something planed for them and they really got antsy by the end of  5 day at sea.   Later after hitting a port intensive part of the cruise they said they sure could go for a couple sea days.