Back to back questions.

davemorton

Just booked my first back to back cruise, and have a few questions if I may.

When the first cruise ends, do I still have to be out of my cabin by 8am? (Moving to a different cabin for my second cruise).

Can I get off the ship at Southampton, and if so, is there restrictions on the time I can get off/back on?

I am led to believe P&O will supply a LFT for the second cruise, is this correct?

Many thanks.

2 hours ago, davemorton said:

When the first cruise ends, do I still have to be out of my cabin by 8am? (Moving to a different cabin for my second cruise).

Whenever I have done a b2b I have had the same cabin but as the crew will move you I would say that no you do not have to be out of your cabin by 08:00, partly because all your stuff will still be there.

Can I get off the ship at Southampton, and if so, is there restrictions on the time I can get off/back on?

Yes you can get off the ship in Southampton and the only restriction is that you need to be back on board before the ship sails. Pre Covid you could use the crew shuttle to get into Southampton but last month that was not an option. Depending on which terminal you are at it can be some distance to walk - especially if it is raining!

I am led to believe P&O will supply a LFT for the second cruise, is this correct?

That is correct - ours was at 17:00 the night before arriving in Southampton.

• Thanks 1

We did a couple of B2Bs pre-covid, and had to change cabins.  We left all our stuff in the cabin as the crew do all the moving.  The only things you need to pack away are things like valuables and the bits and pieces that you leave out and about the cabin like toiletries and maybe footwear.  All your clothing hanging in the wardrobe is simply removed still on the hangars placed on a trolley rail and taken to you new cabin by the stewards.  Similarly, the draws in your cabin are simply removed and swapped with the empty ones in your new cabin.

• Thanks 1

You will also need to go to reception to collect your cruise cards for the next cruise.  (Unless they leave them outside your new cabin, as I have seen they are doing now).  They will close and settle off your account for the first cruise to whatever card you registered and open a new account for the second cruise.

Michele

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mewat said:

(Unless they leave them outside your new cabin, as I have seen they are doing now)

No - you have to get the new card from reception, sign for it and hand in your old card, but not until all other passengers have disembarked.

11 hours ago, david63 said:

No - you have to get the new card from reception, sign for it and hand in your old card, but not until all other passengers have disembarked.

Did btob end of April and no help from crew to change cabin (due to covid!). However, very smooth and moved about 9.30. 

• Thanks 1

What do you do about online check in and registering for kids club. I have the same cabin for both weeks so no issue with moving.  

I can’t find any info on P&O’s website about any of the process to follow bar it’s allowed. 

2 minutes ago, Ljdoc said:

What do you do about online check in

Don't need to do anything as you are already onboard.

3 minutes ago, Ljdoc said:

and registering for kids club

Cannot help on that but I guess you would just register as normal. Best option if unsure would be to ask at reception during the first cruise.

24 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Did btob end of April and no help from crew to change cabin (due to covid!)

The paperwork about b2b said that they would move us if we were changing cabins - which we were not. A lot has changed since April

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, david63 said:

Don't need to do anything as you are already onboard.

Cannot help on that but I guess you would just register as normal. Best option if unsure would be to ask at reception during the first cruise.

The paperwork about b2b said that they would move us if we were changing cabins - which we were not. A lot has changed since April

Sorry, it was May not April but things may have changed now.

• Thanks 1