Pre boarding luggage storage Pier 91 Seattle

Janet&Carl

HI - we are booked into an airport hotel the night before our cruise.  We will be having lots of sea days so want to spend the day in Seattle without our luggage prior to boarding. It is a public/bank holiday 6th September but would like to wander around the shops.  Does anyone know of a shopping centre with left luggage facilities ? or a luggage forwarding service from the hotel to the port ?   I see that the port of Seattle have a free luggage service for those disembarking where they will check it into the airline for you but not the other way round.

Any thoughts, experiences or ideas would be welcome.

I’ve never done it myself but I’ve heard of cruisers dropping their luggage off with the porters at the pier then going off and doing some sightseeing before returning and boarding the ship. The ship docks pretty early, like 7:00-8:00 am. The porters are there ready to take luggage pretty early so it should work. You might ask here on the boards if any ones done it and how it went. I know I’ve read a number of reviews that said they’ve done this. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

HI - we are booked into an airport hotel the night before our cruise.  We will be having lots of sea days so want to spend the day in Seattle without our luggage prior to boarding. It is a public/bank holiday 6th September but would like to wander around the shops.  Does anyone know of a shopping centre with left luggage facilities ? or a luggage forwarding service from the hotel to the port ?   I see that the port of Seattle have a free luggage service for those disembarking where they will check it into the airline for you but not the other way round.

Any thoughts, experiences or ideas would be welcome.

Just an FYI Carnival does not currently use the luggage service for disembarking luggage back to the airport

The porters will not take luggage from embarking passengers at Pier 91 until everyone is off the ship from the just ending cruise.  Generally speaking, the earliest you could drop off your luggage will be about 10 AM, and if could be a bit later depending how disembarkation is going.

If you were to drop off your bags early, then leave Pier 91 to sightsee, I would strongly advise you to be back at Pier 91 by 2:30 to complete your check-in process.  Carnival has a 'hard close' goal of 3 PM, but often it is extended to 3:15 - 3:20 PM to accommodate late arriving passengers from the airport.  But, be back by 2:30 PM.

Don't forget your ArriveCan, and your negative Covid test.

• Like 1