Viking Air flight home is same day as the last day of my Bergen-Oslo extension?

SempreMare

Has this happened to anyone else:

I purchased an extension to a cruise, British Isles explorer.
My return flight looks like it's scheduled to start on the same day as Day 4 of my extension.

I can't believe Viking would make this mistake given people buy cruise extensions all the time and viking books air all the time.

Right?

--------------- <-- return flight starts on day 4 instead of day 5

Day 4 - Oslo.
This morning, join a guided tour of the city’s highlights. You will see the Akershus Fortress, which has guarded the harbor for centuries; the Royal Palace, home to the beloved Norwegian royal family; the Parliament; and the National Theater. You will also visit the Viking Ship Museum, featuring the best-preserved Viking ships in the world along with many artifacts that were in use more than 1,200 years ago. This evening, enjoy dinner at your leisure. (B)

Day 5 - Oslo
Check out of your hotel and transfer to the airport for your flight home. (B)

1 hour ago, SempreMare said:

Has this happened to anyone else:

I purchased an extension to a cruise, British Isles explorer.
My return flight looks like it's scheduled to start on the same day as Day 4 of my extension.

I can't believe Viking would make this mistake given people buy cruise extensions all the time and viking books air all the time.

Right?

--------------- <-- return flight starts on day 4 instead of day 5

Day 4 - Oslo.
This morning, join a guided tour of the city’s highlights. You will see the Akershus Fortress, which has guarded the harbor for centuries; the Royal Palace, home to the beloved Norwegian royal family; the Parliament; and the National Theater. You will also visit the Viking Ship Museum, featuring the best-preserved Viking ships in the world along with many artifacts that were in use more than 1,200 years ago. This evening, enjoy dinner at your leisure. (B)

Day 5 - Oslo
Check out of your hotel and transfer to the airport for your flight home. (B)

??  I see Day 5 for hotel check out and fly home.

3 minutes ago, SempreMare said:

If I used a travel agent,

I need to go through that travel agent correct?

Instead of calling Viking air directly?

There may be some exceptions although I doubt it but the answer is probably "yes".  Your TA owns your reservation.

DON

If you have paid for air plus, you can call the air department directly.  I use a travel agent but can call directly.  This has changed from 2018.  Now, there are times when it is better to have your TA go to bat for you, but you do have a choice of whether to call directly.

• Thanks 1

darn

At the time I booked, I did not know about air PLUS, and my travel agent did not mention it.

now they are on vacation

How do you work with your TA when they are on vacation? Does their parent company staff take over or?

This makes me wish I booked directly with Viking and did not use a TA.

Edited by SempreMare

7 hours ago, SempreMare said:

How do you work with your TA when they are on vacation? Does their parent company staff take over or?

A few years ago our agent was on vacation when we wanted to change something.  We called Viking and they did what we asked and confirmed the change in an email to the TA..

• Like 3

Don't dawdle. There is a deadline on changing the flights, must be done before it is ticketed.  Call Viking Air today.  Explain why you can't wait for your TA to get back from vacation to do this for you. 

If you don't get someone to help you, ask to speak to a supervisor.  Don't give up. 

If all else fails, email tellus@vikingcruises.com and explain your situation.  Be sure to include your booking number and your phone number. 

• Thanks 1

Done:  called viking air, Signed up for air plus and the deviation

Light scene booked. I did get one competitive bid but Viking could beat it by a little.

Plus, having read @Heidi13 Post tipped it in that favor as well.

Many thanks.

• Like 3

On 6/21/2022 at 1:30 AM, SempreMare said:

darn

At the time I booked, I did not know about air PLUS, and my travel agent did not mention it.

now they are on vacation

My TA answers me even when he is on vacation. Maybe a new TA?

• Like 1