luggage Valet

21 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Only available in Seattle.  

And that's a service offered by this particular port...has nothing to do with RCI luggage Valet which hasn't resumed post-covid.

26 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Yes but he was just asking about whether or not luggage valet was available.  Seattle is the only port that offers luggage valet. 

Guess I misread the OP also, as it appears they were specifically asking about FL.  I sure hope it comes back before November.  LV was the best money I spent on a cruise.   

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

2 hours ago, sellwingri said:

Yes but he was just asking about whether or not luggage valet was available.  Seattle is the only port that offers luggage valet. 

Nope...OP specifically asked about Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades. :classic_wink:

spoke to royal rep last night.  the website still says it is available from Fort Lauderdale, Port Canaveral and Seattle.  Just got back from Canaveral and we were counting on it (recent surgery) and booked flights accordingly.  Even told by rep before we left that it was available (he was going by the website!).  It is only available in Seattle, so hopefully, they will update the website or get it back in the other places and more.  For those of us flying, it is quite a service.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MPalermo said:

spoke to royal rep last night.  the website still says it is available from Fort Lauderdale, Port Canaveral and Seattle.  Just got back from Canaveral and we were counting on it (recent surgery) and booked flights accordingly.  Even told by rep before we left that it was available (he was going by the website!).  It is only available in Seattle, so hopefully, they will update the website or get it back in the other places and more.  For those of us flying, it is quite a service.

Not all things on the RCI website are up to date. The rep you spoke to should have been aware that the RCI Luggage Valet program has been suspended post-covid. Reinstatement of that program has not been determined as of yet.

The luggage program in Seattle is offered by that particular port and has nothing to do with RCI.

• 4 weeks later...

I too wish they’d bring back the luggage valet service. We will have most of the day to spend in Fort Lauderdale in September as we have a 5:45 pm flight, and it would be convenient if we could spend the day luggage free. 

The only post-cruise RCCL excursion is the Everglades airboat ride, which we’ve done before and which would still get us to the airport much sooner than we’d like. In the past they offered an excursion which took passengers to Sawgrass Mills Mall. Viator used to offer the same post-cruise tour as well. Since COVID, neither Royal nor Viator offer it. 

Posters here have suggested finding a luggage locker. There are none available within a reasonable distance. Others suggest a day pass to a resort hotel, but this doesn’t appeal to us as we’ll just have spent over a week in the Caribbean sun and also don’t want to mess around with transporting our luggage via taxi or Uber from cruise port to resort to airport. 

We are thinking our best bet will be to rent a car for the day. It’s not ideal, but we can’t find any other options that appeal to us.  I’ve searched on the Florida departures board as well. 

What do you guys do if you find yourselves “stuck” in Florida on disembarkation day?

4 hours ago, KelJ said:

I too wish they’d bring back the luggage valet service. We will have most of the day to spend in Fort Lauderdale in September as we have a 5:45 pm flight, and it would be convenient if we could spend the day luggage free. 

The only post-cruise RCCL excursion is the Everglades airboat ride, which we’ve done before and which would still get us to the airport much sooner than we’d like. In the past they offered an excursion which took passengers to Sawgrass Mills Mall. Viator used to offer the same post-cruise tour as well. Since COVID, neither Royal nor Viator offer it. 

Posters here have suggested finding a luggage locker. There are none available within a reasonable distance. Others suggest a day pass to a resort hotel, but this doesn’t appeal to us as we’ll just have spent over a week in the Caribbean sun and also don’t want to mess around with transporting our luggage via taxi or Uber from cruise port to resort to airport. 

We are thinking our best bet will be to rent a car for the day. It’s not ideal, but we can’t find any other options that appeal to us.  I’ve searched on the Florida departures board as well. 

What do you guys do if you find yourselves “stuck” in Florida on disembarkation day?

Agree with your final option of renting a car. If you're a Costco member check pricing through them.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KelJ said:

I take it you don't debark on a weekend?  Because Bags To Go offers luggage storage at the FLL airport on Fridays through Mondays.  

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

I take it you don't debark on a weekend?  Because Bags To Go offers luggage storage at the FLL airport on Fridays through Mondays.  

Yes, on a Sunday. Thank you. I will check this out.

Do you happen to know the approximate price per bag? I read a post about it and was thinking that we’d still need to rent a car to spend the day sight seeing. I guess we could taxi or Uber to the airport in a car big enough for our luggage and then Uber wherever we want to go for the day and then Uber back to the airport. I’ll find out if the car rental ends up costing around the same or if Bags to Go is the way for us to go. 

Thanks again!

2 hours ago, KelJ said:

Yes, on a Sunday. Thank you. I will check this out.

Do you happen to know the approximate price per bag? I read a post about it and was thinking that we’d still need to rent a car to spend the day sight seeing. I guess we could taxi or Uber to the airport in a car big enough for our luggage and then Uber wherever we want to go for the day and then Uber back to the airport. I’ll find out if the car rental ends up costing around the same or if Bags to Go is the way for us to go. 

Thanks again!

Looks like it's ten bucks per bag.