Long time CCL traveler cruises RCCL for first time

3 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

Agree completely with the food comments. Aside from Holland America, we find Royal Caribbean to have the worst food at sea. 

Prior to the covid shutdown, HAL served fillet mignon nightly in their buffet. IMHO HAL serves quality food.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DrSea said:

Prior to the covid shutdown, HAL served fillet mignon nightly in their buffet. IMHO HAL serves quality food.

3 star on HAL and don't remember that but could have missed it. 

Edited by UPNYGuy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UPNYGuy said:

3 star on HAL and don't remember that but could have missed it. 

I am only 1 star on HAL as it is my least favorite line (no offense). I am all about steak and hunt down places with included fillet mignon. My cruises had fillet mignon nightly in the buffet.

On 6/20/2022 at 6:37 PM, Tongiejayhawk said:

Conclusion: All 11 of us agree that RCCL is our least favorite cruise line that we’ve sailed. There were even some in our group that had sailed RCCL previously and said something was very off from their past experiences. We won’t be sailing with her again, even if we get free offers (we get plenty of free offers from CCL and HA). The icing on the cake is that I just had time today to complete the survey and what do you know, it says it’s expired – after only disembarking 8 days ago from an international cruise. Heavy sigh.

I suggest before you give up on RCCL, you try the bigger ships like Oasis class and or Quantum Class.

They have more to offer for entertainment and speciality restaurants.  

I too have sailed on various line and each of them has at least one ship that I would not go on again and others I would.

• Like 3

Took b2b in May on Brilliance Mediterranean cruise and it was wonderful.  Dining room staff were very attentive and we preferred the food in the MDR to the buffet.  Enjoyed the little fruit cups in the afternoon at the indoor pool area and the choice of bags of chips.  Entertainment was marginal but we were port intensive and relaxing at night was welcome since we were very active in ports.  Loved the choice of ports on our trip especially Montenegro and Corfu. We are Platinum on CCL but preferred the Europe itinerary on RCCL 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 11:24 AM, DrSea said:

I am only 1 star on HAL as it is my least favorite line (no offense). I am all about steak and hunt down places with included fillet mignon. My cruises had fillet mignon nightly in the buffet.

no offence taken. it has worked itself to my least favorite as well