Check In/Boarding Time

We are cruising out of Galveston this fall on Liberty. If we pick a later boarding time, how early should we arrive and can we drop bags at the port early? Everyone is vaccinated and adults/teens. The teens have requested lunch at The Spot before boarding but I don't want us to be rushing when we arrive at the port. Ship departs at 4pm, so what would latest check in and arrival at port be and earliest to drop off luggage?

It looks like on the app that the latest check in time is 2:-2:30 for our July Liberty cruise.  You must be on board 90 minutes before sail time.  

The Spot is okay but why not eat lunch which is included on the ship?  We have gone to The Spot after we’ve debarked and before heading home.

Not everyone agrees but we like getting on the ship as early as possible and start relaxing and enjoying. Our boarding time is 10:30 - 11:00.  I’m sure we won’t be on until after 11 but we’d have unpacked and had lunch and a drink by the time you board.  

48 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

It looks like on the app that the latest check in time is 2:-2:30 for our July Liberty cruise.  You must be on board 90 minutes before sail time.  

The Spot is okay but why not eat lunch which is included on the ship?  We have gone to The Spot after we’ve debarked and before heading home.

Not everyone agrees but we like getting on the ship as early as possible and start relaxing and enjoying. Our boarding time is 10:30 - 11:00.  I’m sure we won’t be on until after 11 but we’d have unpacked and had lunch and a drink by the time you board.  

We don't like eating at the packed buffet and my teens want to go to The Spot. Kid 1 got food poisoning from buffet on day 1 last time and has already said no. We won't get to Galveston until late the night before and when we disembark we will need to start the 12 hour drive home. Our schedule doesn't allow for a lot of extra time this year. The Spot is a decent lunch before boarding and we don't generally unpack until after dinner anyway. For us less crowded at boarding is preferable to the rush of everyone trying to get on. Granted our last sailing was pre-COVID but I imagine most people are still going to crowd into the buffet and onto the Promenade early and spread out as the rooms open. Our biggest stress on day of is getting bags dropped and getting through check in. If we can drop bags at 9, we can cruise the island, grab lunch, and continue to relax once onboard. This seems like what will work best for us this time around.