GENUINELY stupid question (probably)

sadiwest

I booked an Alaskan cruise for 2024, but cruisetours are not yet available for 2024.  Naturally curious,  I'm looking at prices of the 2023 cruisetours just to get a feel for what might be available for the following year.

Are these prices (let's say starting at $2100) for BOTH land and sea portions?  I get it's per person,  and I get that transfers, etc probably not included,  but...that seems crazy low for the whole trip...even if it is the least desirable stateroom at that rate. 

Also, any clue how far out those 2024 cruisetours will be released?

22 minutes ago, complawyer said:

if it's for the land and sea, it will say when  you go to book it.

Yes I understand but that can be months before I am able to do so. I figured I could maybe use this forum to ask those who have experienced it. 

• Like 1

From my experience booking and re-booking our cruise tour from 2020, to this year (2021 was a wait and see year for us) it was about 12-14 months out when they started to appear on the website. Now some of that may have been the line holding back to see what was going to reopen after the whole mess of covid.

What I did was book the cruise, then when the land portion opened up rebooked the cruise tour. That way we knew we'd have the stateroom we wanted instead of waiting it out for the land portions to open up. It actually worked out pretty well seeing that before they disappeared from the website, we had paid about $2000 less than they were going for at the time. 

14 minutes ago, RickDu said:

From my experience booking and re-booking our cruise tour from 2020, to this year (2021 was a wait and see year for us) it was about 12-14 months out when they started to appear on the website. Now some of that may have been the line holding back to see what was going to reopen after the whole mess of covid.

What I did was book the cruise, then when the land portion opened up rebooked the cruise tour. That way we knew we'd have the stateroom we wanted instead of waiting it out for the land portions to open up. It actually worked out pretty well seeing that before they disappeared from the website, we had paid about $2000 less than they were going for at the time. 

Exactly what I needed to know. Thank you. That's why I booked the cruise now, as well. 

2 hours ago, Thunderbird19 said:

if you book a land/cruise the price you see would include both portions but the land only includes nightly accommodations and transportation, it typically would not include meals which would pay for on your own.

Have you done this with NCL? I did one many years ago through a different cruise line...

Where do you stay with NCL in places like Denali?

Yes - if it is listed as a land and sea. The price you see on the website does include the hotels, transportation between the cities and the airfare from where the cruise ends to where you get on the ship. You have to pay for your food. My husband and I are doing one in July

They currently have cruise tours listed for 2023, but I don’t know when they will post the 2024 ones, sorry

Edited by retired714