Bermuda in April with Prima

Bella89

Hello,

we are thinking to book the Bermuda cruise on Prima from New York on the second of April next week. 

Has anybody done this itineray at this time of the year already? We are wondering what we can expect weatherwise. 

Would be grateful for some first hand experiences 🙂

Wishing everybody a nice sunday!

33 minutes ago, Bella89 said:

Hello,

we are thinking to book the Bermuda cruise on Prima from New York on the second of April next week. 

Has anybody done this itineray at this time of the year already? We are wondering what we can expect weatherwise. 

Would be grateful for some first hand experiences 🙂

Wishing everybody a nice sunday!

It's not going to be beach weather.  Typically beach season starts in late May.

I did Bermuda on RCI in late April in 2014.  It's a shock I've been on 4 more cruises since then.  Unable to be on deck on sea days due to winds and storm conditions.  The time IN Bermuda was amazing, but the trip there and back were rough seas and storms.

Others have had different experiences.  The real answer is - it depends on the weather at the time of your trip.

Well, it's crapshoot ..... cloudy cool 60's or sunny warm low 70's.

The sea is in high 60's, low 70's so definitely not sea swimming weather (except for perhaps the canucks 🙂).

Long pants, short sleeves OR shorts, long sleeves.

BUT ... when it's nice and sunny and not too windy, it's still nice to walk on beach. We do this all year around.

1 minute ago, bluesea777 said:

The sea is in high 60's, low 70's so definitely not sea swimming weather (except for perhaps the canucks 🙂).

That was the typical sea temps in Southern NJ when I'd go in July and we'd dive right in!

I went to Bermuda 5/1 of this year.  We lucked out and had absolutely beautiful weather in Bermuda.  However, the water was very chilly and basically nobody was in the water except me - a brave New Englander.  I had originally booked the Prima for April of next year (my kids spring break) but decided to cancel it - I know my kids are not as brave as me and would not go in the water.  (Horseshoe bay is our favorite beach and the kids would miss out w/o going in the water.)  Booked a Caribbean itinerary instead...

We have been in April water was very cool, not freezing we swam but we are from New England so no big deal. That said we were also younger and have been back mainly in Sept./Oct. time frame.

We love going to Bermuda and have done this often and as said in prior post the weather over and back is a crap shot. Hubby takes sea sick pills first day/night regardless of the time of year. North Atlantic can be rough, I love the rocking and rolling especially at bedtime 😊.

Enjoy your trip, your on a larger ship and may not get the feeling of the rocky seas.

It’s definitely a crapshoot in terms of ocean conditions.

My first time to Bermuda in late April / early May, the seas were like glass. The second time (this past May) we had 28 foot seas.

Bermuda’s weather was fine while we were there, though. A few passing showers but it was still warm and pleasant. I went to the beach and swam, but I grew up going to the New Jersey beaches, so 72°F water didn’t bother me. 

It’s a great time of year for hiking the Bermuda Rail Trail!

@Bella89, not that I'd ever toot my own horn, but I wrote a pretty solid review of my husband and I's trip to Bermuda this past April. You can find it by clicking this link. To be fair, only one of the three days we were in Bermuda was amazing. We did wind up going swimming every day, but that's more because I refuse to stay out of the water! Water was nice and we enjoyed ourselves immensely. 

Also, we don't change our plans when it rains. For example, in December we rode every ride at Magic Kingdom and absolutely loved Disney during a driving rainstorm that lasted eight hours. It was a wet and wonderful experience, just as Bermuda was. 

We loved it so much, we booked another cruise to Bermuda for August.